Media Planner - Sky Sports
We are looking for a Planner to join the Sky Comms planning team at Mediacom, working across two key product areas: Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. The Planner will work with the team across the full campaign life cycle – from strategy to execution.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Senior Planner.
3 best things about the job:
- This is a new, hybrid role which gives the successful candidate the opportunity to work across not one but two of Sky’s products: Sky Sports & Sky Cinema. This means that no two days will be the same! Sports & Cinema are two of Sky’s most premium products. Whilst this provides a unique and exciting career opportunity, it also presents a good challenge as we look to push boundaries and deliver innovative campaigns.
- Working in one of the biggest teams within the agency is a real plus point of this role. This provides huge opportunity to get know lots of different people and develop a rapport with multiple other internal stakeholders. Not only are these relationships key to delivering the best work, but it also provides a very sociable culture to get your teeth stuck in to!
- This is a unique opportunity to work within an extremely senior and talented team which is complex, dynamic but most of all fun! Working within increasingly competitive category means that demands and expectations are high, but success in this role provides the most amazing opportunity to progress within the UK’s largest agency.
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Mastered the basics of the Sky account and the ways of working between all Mediacom teams/departments
- Provided evidence of sound written and oral communication
In six months, you would have:
- Developed a good relationship with multiple stakeholders
- Provided tangible contributions to planning work and brainstorming sessions
In 12 months, you would have:
- Become proactive with day-to-day, and effectively be able to answer client requests without guidance
- Shown evidence of work that has been done to a high standard with little input from your line manager
Responsibilities of the role:
The Planner should:
- Work openly and collaboratively with immediate Planning teams, Investment teams and external agencies in order to help develop strategic solutions, plans and innovative ideas
- Develop a sound knowledge of all media channels and keep abreast of all new and emerging media opportunities
- Oversee all current campaigns and work with relevant teams to ensure the seamless execution and implementation of campaigns. Be able to provide instantaneous campaign updates to your line.
- Develop an understanding and champion Mediacom’s 2020 Planning process
- Help to keep track of budgetary and financial information for all campaigns
- Have/develop a strong knowledge of desktop research and planning tools (e.g. AdDynamix, TGI) and use these to glean important insight
- Demonstrate an active interest in Sky’s business, marketplace and audiences, and identify relevant opportunities that arise
- Demonstrate an active interest in competitor activity and communicate relevant information and learnings to Sky through updates and formal reports
- Willingly meet media owners relevant to the client’s business and feedback relevant opportunities to the wider team
- Analyse research studies and current trends to identify key insights and communicate these to Sky when applicable
- Have the ability (when necessary) to confidently speak and provide relevant updates in meetings
What you will need:
- Proactivity & flexibility are absolutely vital in this role. Working across two products will mean that you need to recognise opportunities to provide help wherever it is needed at a given point in time.
- Good time management skills – this is essential for a role that traverses two products
- Impeccable written and oral communication skills, as well as the ability to flex delivery as necessary
- Excellent organisational skills, meaning you are adept at managing a diverse workload and are able to appropriately prioritise tasks
- Strong Microsoft Office skills with particular emphasis on Powerpoint, Excel and Word
- Desirable to have sound presentation skills
- An open and collaborative attitude
- A thirst for learning about technology, trend, media and the industry
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, adidas, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.