NOW TV Senior Planner – Job Spec
Overview of job
The comms senior planner position on the NOW TV brand team is an exciting role for an enthusiastic and experienced media planner who is looking to take the next step in their career. The role offers the opportunity to work on an entertainment-led category, under the umbrella of the country’s biggest advertiser as part of a fun and friendly client team. You will have a planner to manage and plenty of time in front of key clients. Previous entertainment experience is not necessary, but if you have a passion for film and content, with a desire to work in an ever-growing category, then this is a great opportunity.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to Charlotte Eldridge (Planning Manager on NOW TV)
3 best things about the job:
- Working on an exciting category, in TV streaming, where new products and content are always around the corner. Creative thinking and new ideas are always welcomed and there’s lot of scope to introduce new ways
- Working for an agency, and a client, that have passion and ambition at the core of what they do. You’ll be working in the agency’s biggest team and have exposure to stakeholders throughout the business. Working within an increasingly competitive category means that demands and expectations are high, but success in this role provides the most amazing opportunity to progress within the UK’s largest agency.
- Being part of a friendly and supportive team who are dedicated to achieving success for our clients. We like to work hard and play hard and have a laugh together whilst still delivering great work and service to NOW TV.
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Embedded yourself into the client team and began to make relationships with the wider teams
- Fully understood the client’s business and competitive landscape
- Become the go to expert in the team for audience and category insight
In six months, you would have:
- Led and delivered (part of) a response to brief from start to finish
- Attended and passed any training required at senior planner level
- Become an integral part of the client team, managing up and down where necessary
In 12 months, you would have:
- Begun the road to manager level. Outlining key objectives and attending the relevant training
- Developed an understanding of the more junior members of the team’s progression plans
- Assisted in developing an award-winning idea or response to brief
Responsibilities of the role:
The senior planner on NOW TV has three main responsibilities:
1) Assisting the day to day account management and supporting the wider team on responses
2) Inspiring and managing a team planner. Doing and delegating where appropriate
3) Acting as the go-to team member between planning and other Mediacom departments to ensure smooth and successful running of the account
What you will need:
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience in cross channel media planning
- A keen eye for detail and a conscientious approach to all work
- A can-do attitude with a thirst to grow your knowledge further
- Excellent organisation skills and the ability to multi-task
- A strong sense of teamwork and sociable nature to help develop strong relationships with multiple stakeholders
“People First, Better Results” is at the heart of Mediacom. By putting their people first, we deliver Better Results for our clients and our People First belief is absolutely fundamental to our culture and how we work.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, GlaxoSmithKline, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
We firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.