International - Paid Search Associate Director - Global Clients
Search Associate Director
Department / Team
Search & Biddable Department, International
London, 26 Red Lion Square
Mediacom forms part of GroupM, WPP’s combined media agencies. GroupM is the world’s largest media investment management organization and parent company of Mediacom, MindShare, etc. Within these companies we have the largest search operations around the world with a greater geographic footprint than any competitor.
MediaCom handles the media planning and buying for some of the world's smartest advertisers. Supported by keen consumer insight, analysis, and experience, we are part of the largest media planning and buying network in the world.
The team & the role
We are the Mediacom International search & biddable team, part of connected execution, servicing both centrally executed campaigns in multiple languages as well as coordinating and supporting strategic directions across markets. We work on a mix of blue chip clients for both direct and brand led initiatives including: Shell, American Airlines, Brand USA, Sony & Bose.
The Associate Director will join our team in London in a role leading the search business on our Ecommerce Retail clients. The ideal candidate must demonstrate a passion and possess considerable experience across search and biddable channels. Our clients live and breathe their brands and expect the same from their agencies. The job will involve working in the fast paced world of digital marketing specialising in paid search with a team working across a range of client businesses.
What we can’t live without:
- Strong commercial mind-set, leading on delivery of services in line with client objectives, service level agreements and terms of business
- Passion for Paid Search, demonstrated by a proven track record of driving performance for clients
- Leadership skills, strong leader with previous experience of leading a successful team
- Communication skills, can convey complex topics to different stakeholder types
- Strong presenting skills, able to present confidently in front of large audiences
- Winning mentality, striving to exceed expectations
- Numerate, analytical, and administratively competent with strong attention to detail
Responsibilities of the role
- Work closely with the client planning teams & specialist teams to deliver integrated campaigns.
- Act as a representative of the Paid Search department and MediaCom. Build relationships throughout the company, identify opportunity for client growth.
- Build strong & collaborative client relationship, thought leadership.
- Ensure all meeting outcomes are reported & delivered against by team.
- Shape & inform client strategy & client services.
- Take career management seriously, prepare for performance reviews and attend training.
- Have an ability to be highly motivated, numerate, and articulate, both when speaking to clients, writing documents and analysing results.
- Financial accuracy through the planning & buying process.
Search & Biddable Tasks:
- Responsible for continued development of search accounts and other biddable channels within own team and wider department – driving efficiencies, seeking opportunities for growth.
- Advanced understanding of search & biddable principles, how marketing campaigns work cross market, advanced analytic aptitude, view for the bigger picture of embedding strategies cross channel and within the client’s vertical.
- Advanced experience with bid management, analytics & competitive insights tools available in the market - when they should be used and their relative strengths and limitations.
- Show initiative and pro-activity in growing the accounts, increasing efficiencies, and identifying new client opportunities.
- An in-depth understanding of the biddable landscape as it relates to various channels including display and video.
People/ Team Responsibilities:
- Responsibility for team, which includes ensuring clear KPIs and delivery against targets.
- Clear split of role & responsibilities, awareness of team’s tasks & deliverables.
- Ensure training for team based on their level and identify their strengths & weaknesses for their further career development in areas such as:
- Delivering accurate analysis of the SEM campaigns
- Delivering campaigns across different channels & markets
- Planning and forecasting of schedules.
- Implementing testing into SEM campaign.
- Producing results and competitive analysis.
In return, MediaCom will offer the candidate the opportunity to:
- Be in a fantastic working environment – our work/life balance is important to us
- Work on a well-established account, which has seen tremendous growth and success over the last 2 years
- Build a career here – we are long-term focused and reward great performance
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.