International - Account Manager - Bayer
Job TitleAccount ManagerReporting ToAssociate Director, Bayer Corp / Consumer Health / etc.
Department WorldwideGroup/LevelLevel 3
LocationLondon, UKDate IssuedFeb 2019
SalaryCompetitive based on experience
MediaCom handles the media planning and buying for some of the world's smartest advertisers. Supported by keen consumer insight, analysis and experience, we are part of the largest media planning and buying network in the world.
We’re looking for a person that will play a key role for one of MediaCom’s biggest clients, Bayer (Bayer Consumer Health, Animal Health, Corporate, Crop Science Pharma) to help lead client development, transition and growth.
This person will drive the day-to-day operations and help manage the client relationship with the Bayer Corporate Repositioning campaign. They will also be responsible (in part with AD) for the delivery of the central MediaCom team in London and all of our local teams across the MediaCom network for the Bayer business units. Strong client management skills are key. The Global Account Manager will need to bring together and harness the skills provided by the client account team as well as the specialist teams.
We want to find someone with strong digital and branded content know-how. These activities play an increasingly large part of our solutions for global clients, so we need someone who is experienced and confident in recommending these as part of an integrated solution. As this is primarily a central budget, the role will involve managing Pan-Regional media owners and overseeing global media partnerships, so strong experience in this area is preferred. Analytical & attention to detail approach to work is key, and Digital campaign planning and implementation experience preferred.
Lastly, this AM will have a passion for working with colleagues from around the world, helping coordinate global requests for local activity, as well as providing global solutions to global Bayer stakeholders.
Key Areas of Responsibility and Accountability:
- Be key day-to-day point person for central Bayer Corp and BCH global clients
- Present client results, marketplace information and media updates
- Ensure continuous dialogue with central global clients, keeping them up-to-date on all matters
- Be the main point of contact for client and creative agency partners for Bayer Corporate
- Responsible for strategic POV/direction of campaigns briefed, ensuring swift execution and application of learnings gathered
- Drive central ad-hoc projects, oversee data collection and cascade work out to local markets
- Prepare updates and attend ongoing status calls/meetings with client
- Support Digital Director with bi-weekly/monthly reporting
Budget monitoring and governance (Bayer Corporate Repositioning)
- Facilitate & alignment Finance Plus and Central Execution teams on campaign budgets
- Reconcile and resolve any invoicing issues, ensuring accurate delivery to clients
- Maintain weekly tracker with planned, booked & actualized budgets
- Update Finance team re fee structure by market, channel & month
- Ensure relevant partners are paid on time
- Book ad-hoc activity directly with media partners when required
- With help of AD, Digital Director, and Global Account Lead, sell in integrated communications strategies and executional media plans to senior global Bayer Corporate clients & key stakeholders
- Integrate and amplify the Corporate campaign partnerships (National Geographic and Discovery Group9)
- Exhibit strong knowledge & passion for local market media landscapes (US, UK, China, EMEA) to incorporate insights into central planning and coordination of local media activities across the network.
- Coordinate with internal teams (Insights, other B2B client groups) to gather and distil insights around the target audience to be used in planning & strategy development
- Develop KPI/measurement framework alongside BD/Digital Direction; assist in compilation of central media plan and local market PCA analyses
People & Market Management
- In conjunction with AD & Strategy Director, to drive MediaCom System usage across the markets and support planning process
- Collaborate with specialist functions to deliver central client initiatives
- Collaborate with creative agencies to ensure smooth implementation of all central and local media plans
- Manage, train and develop the team Account Executive (TBC) with direction from Associate Director
- Ensure that the AE takes control and ownership of select day-to-day account tasks (liaising with select markets, reviewing media plan submissions, etc.)
- Be comfortable with coordinating work between countries and liaising with counterparts in local markets supporting local challenges and client issues.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Client: Help own and drive client relationship, serving and exceeding client expectations in the delivery of central strategic guidelines and campaign management. Achieve high TRR (client satisfaction) scores across markets and centrally
- People: lead a wider MediaCom team of specialists and be considered a successful and respected collaborator with these team members
• Personal development: Positive My360 feedback from manager, peers and clients (where appropriate)
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.