Senior Operations Specialist - All clients (12 month FTC)
Senior Operations Specialist
We are looking for Senior Operations specialist to join our energetic Operations team at MediaCom. The Operations team at Mediacom are fully responsible for digital display and print media campaign activation. Each member of our team can be thought of as a Project Manager liaising with many different internal teams and external media owners to ensure campaigns launch on time and deliver to our client requirements.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Operations Manager.
Objectives of the Role
The Senior Ops Specialist will have a proven track-record in delivering operational excellence across challenging clients and account teams. The successful candidate will be experienced in trafficking digital activity through multiple ad server technologies and will troubleshoot issues across teams to support seamless end-to-end digital campaign activation: from tagging through to reporting and optimisation. The Senior Ops Specialist will demonstrate the ability to work well under pressure, with strong communication and organisational skills to manage clients’ activity across internal and external stakeholder groups: clients, media owners, suppliers, tech, buyers, and finance.
In this role, the Senior Ops Specialist will offer support and training for the wider team and will be confident in workload balancing and delegation across junior team members. They will be the first point of escalation within the team and will monitor and flag challenges that could negatively impact KPIs. The Senior Ops Specialist will be an operational role model; standardising process and supporting the adoption of operational best practice within the Investment Team to ensure accuracy from booking through to finance reconciliation.
In addition to the day-to-day workload supervision within the Operations Team, the Senior Ops Specialist will work closely with the Operations Manager and internal stakeholders to deliver User Acceptance Testing (UAT), roll-out operational project deliverables throughout the year, assist with complex execution launches and help on-board new clients to the agency.
- Operational role-model with a customer-centric attitude
- Team player who motivates others and encourages close team-work
- Proven ability to manage workload in a highly pressured environment
- Cross-team collaboration with the ability to build strong relationships – internally and externally
- Extensive knowledge of end-to-end trafficking process; including pixels, creative tags and specs
- Adept at prioritisation, organisation, multi-tasking and time-management
- Process-driven with the ability to monitor existing workflows
- Ability to champion operational best practice across the wider team
- Demonstrates track-record in identifying areas for process improvement, developing solutions and monitoring subsequent adoption
- Strong accountability to meet deadlines
- Good at problem solving – with the ability to resolve in a timely manner
- Able to train others and encourage knowledge sharing across team
- Accuracy and a keen eye for detail
- Competent in Excel and data analysis
- Aptitude to learn new systems, tools and processes
- Strong verbal and written communication style
Key Performance Metrics
- Error-free bookings and timely reconciliation on finance systems
- Bookings completed and campaigns live to deadline
- Supporting team prioritisation of time and workload
- Training new and existing team members – upskilling in problem solving, technical knowledge, accuracy, finance rigour and account team communication
- Encourages best practice workflow across wider team
- Finance queries addressed and resolved to SLA
Qualifications and other relevant information
- Minimum 2 years’ experience within an Ad Operations or Campaign Manager function
- Excellent track-record of achievement (academic, commercial, personal)
- Proven competency in data analysis, trafficking and Microsoft Excel
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skillset
- Problem-solving and solutions focused mind-set
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, GlaxoSmithKline, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom was named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade and received top marks in its 2016 School Report.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.