Who are m/SIX?
m/SIX is one of the world’s fastest growing agencies in the world. As an agency that is just shy of ten years old, we were born in the digital age.
This means our approach of truly integrating data into everything we do is unencumbered by the silos and ways of working of traditional agencies. This is what enables us to achieve our purpose: which is to help brands grow in the modern media landscape and new customer reality in which we live.
The agency is designed to think audience first – to face into disruption. We use data signals to understand the flow of audiences, and build communications systems that balance the need to build and convert demand.
We turn real behavioural data into actionable human insight that informs all communications at both strategic & implementational levels. This means that we’re geared toward business growth, not just media growth.
Our aim is always to become a valued board-level business partner of the clients we work with. As a direct outcome of this progressive & transformational agenda, m/SIX has two ambitions.
- To be a top ten agency in every market in which we operate
- To be the most important place in the careers of our people
What is the role?
We are looking for a passionate strategist to join us in designing creative ways to solve our client’s business problems. Working directly with one of the most exciting brands in the industry, the strategy director will be responsible for creating a culture of strategic thinking and market leading planning that results in pioneering and innovative work. The strategy director will be responsible for pushing our planning agenda across the agency coupling it with data driven insights and intelligent audience planning.
What will your responsibilities be?
- Build trusted relationships with the client through an understanding of their brand, business, consumer and commercial ambitions. Work closely with the client leads and senior media planner to provide client leadership and direction.
- Work with Audience Planners, ROMI and analytics teams to extract insights, helping the client identify business opportunities and set smart goals. Be a catalyst for making data a more active ingredient in communications planning and delivery
- Define how we bring together content, data and technology to create value for people and brands in execution
- Define a key insight that informs both barriers to success and opportunities/challenges for communications across the customer decision journey.
- Define the right audience for the brand, and subsets for relevant other briefs
- Based on the insight, define a strategy, a set of behavioural principles and a big communications idea (platform) that provides direction, an organising thought and acts as a springboard for developing executional ideas.
- Ensure an adaptive and inventive lens is applied to all communications planning solutions
- Championing curiosity challenging our clients and teams and sporting opportunities that will help to propel client’s business forward
- Facilitate ideation sessions with all relevant stakeholders to develop creative media ideas that bring the strategy to life and demonstrate M/Six’s ability to deliver creative media solutions in data, technology and content
- Inspire and be an active advocate for making partnerships, content, data and technology more active ingredients in the media plan
- Lead the process of measuring effectiveness with internal and external stakeholders.
- Educating the agency in best in class planning and strategic thinking
Who are you?
- You will be a fluent German or French speaker
- You are someone who’s not afraid to get their hands dirty in order to get the job done
- You will be confident self-starter who can proactively manage their clients
- You will be a great all-rounder - we are looking for someone who can create exciting campaigns that get people talking about your client’s brands and m/SIX, but also equally confident in tackling questions on media efficiency
- You have team management experience and have the ability to make the most of people’s strengths
- You have experience working across huge global clients in a regional and global capacity
- You are comfortable working across the entire media landscape including the digital ecosystem
- You are a good listener and able to collaborate with a wide cross section of people
- You exude the behaviours of the agency – Pioneering, Energetic and Honesty and are able to lead, inspire and motivate the team and wider network to consistent great work
Where is the role based?
This team are part of one of our unique m/SIX embedded model teams, where we place m/Sixers to work directly with the client. The results of having client and agency working so closely together mean that the best work can happen, and our m/SIXers have a unique experience of being an agency person ‘client side’. The client’s office in London / Guildford is the UK HQ and home to multiple business groups and corporate functions.
The office in the centre of Guildford is a 5-minute walk from the main train station and only minutes away from the town's shops, restaurants and bars. Guildford is a 25 minute train journey from London Waterloo. Although you will be based in Guildford, we will expect that you regularly return to the London office for meetings and training & development.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.