Data Solution Architect
We are recruiting for a new and role within centralised Data and Technology team with m/SIX. You will be reporting to Head of Technology and you will primarily be responsible for the success of our clients Business Intelligence requirements. A key reporting, measurement & monitoring function of our Global accounts – including Toyota and Lexus will also be a focus. The role will includes designing data models, based on client requirements and feedback. Translating these data models into live dashboards and visualisation builds and maintaining via core platform components (e.g. ETL and data visualisation).
This new role will be within the a new centralised Technology team and you will be based in central London. This Technology division will set the pace and standards across EMEA and Global clients. From designing data models and defining governance to developing a central measurement framework – you will be response for maintaining against customer success metrics and growing the data business.
Key online software solutions; Datorama, PowerBI, Tableau, Synthesis (Plan & Media Spend reporting database), Edge (Competitor spend & insight reporting dashboard), [m]Report (GroupM Campaign Performance Dashboards Paid, Earned & Owned). The majority of the time is spent involved in building and maintaining dashboards for our clients.
The BI and DG Manager will also have a responsibility of building a robust QA and validation framework. Therefore this team will work closely with our Ad-Technology team.
• Help develop Data Executives within the team.
• Build, maintain, develop & project manage integrated dashboards using a range of Business Intelligence & Data Visualisation tools
• Build, maintain, develop & project manage the EDGE & Synthesis databases.
• Attend client meetings on ongoing basis and maintains a high level of in-person visibility for local clients.
• Responsible for ensuring KPI frameworks are reported in the campaign performance dashboards
• Designing data models and building these into live dashboards
• Defining infrastructure requirements for a Business Intelligence / Marketing Intelligence solutions
• Working with client technical authorities/team to ensure that they have a clear understanding of architecture and design proposals at an appropriate level
• Cascading data standards to local counterparts – ensuring consistency is maintained to uphold maintenance of dashboard ecosystem
• Advanced Dashboarding and Data Visualisation experience (Datorama, Looker, Xcelsius, Thoughtspot, Funnel.io, DataStudio, MicroStrategy, Tableau, PowerBI etc)
• Ability to connect data to databases
• Harmonise data across platforms
• Work with account and client teams to ensure best and most efficient ETL for each use case
• Ability to problem solve and taking ownership of challenges to the point of resolution
• Ability to learn and assimilate technical information quickly
• Previous experience working with SQL databases like Fivetran, Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift, Blendo and/or Microsoft Azure
• Strong communication and relationship building experience
• 2+ years of software implementation
• Excellent analytical skills and a data driven mindset
• Microsoft Office – Advanced Excel (VLookups, Pivot Tables, Index Match…)
• Experience in Account management & Project management
Skills – Desirable
• STEM Degree – Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Economics etc…
• Passionate about the Automotive & Tyre Industries
• Good understanding of the Advertising/Comms marketing landscape & best practice
• People Management – ideally managed a small team previously
• Knowledge of both Quantitative and Qualitative Research methodology
• Experience with Programmatic Buying & DMP Data Onboarding – Xaxis, Lotame, AppNexus, Experian, Eyeota, Liveramp/Axciom
• Training – experience in training & knowledge sharing
• Survey software - Confirmit, Decipher or SurveyMonkey
• Panel/Research Data – YouGov Profiles & BrandIndex, Global Web Index (GWI), ResearchNow, Cint etc
• Audience Measurement – Nielsen, comScore, Similarweb
• Web Analytics – Google360, Webtrends or Adobe SiteCatalyst
• Brand Tracking – Millward Brown, YouGov BrandIndex or GfK
• SQL, Python, Hadoop and/or R
• Social Listening – Pulsar, Brandwatch, Falcon, Sysomos, Crimson Hexagon, Tracx etc
Who are m/SIX?
m/SIX are one of the UK's fastest-growing media planning and buying agency, having doubled in size in the last two years to 150 people and £200m in billings. Our international network now comprises over 40 offices across 3 continents.
We have a unique proposition and ownership structure, which is fundamental to how we operate for our clients. We are majority owned by our partners within The&Partnership, but GroupM’s minority ownership means that we are able to offer a true ‘best of both worlds’ advantage. This means a progressive and entrepreneurial approach to business and culture, whilst providing full access to GroupM’s market leading pricing, data and technology assets.
As both The&Partnership and m/SIX we have therefore created new models and ways of working which are leading the industry in defining the agency of the future. This means solutions built bespoke for clients’ individual needs, inclusive of all necessary disciplines and working to one bottom line. Creatives, strategist, analysts, investment and production teams working together, with data and technology at the centre. These teams are often implanted directly within the client marketing teams: in the UK we have fully embedded teams at News UK, TalkTalk and Toyota/Lexus. The impact of this has been transformational on our clients’ business.
As a direct outcome of this progressive & transformational agenda, m/SIX has two ambitions. To be a top ten agency in every market in which we operate, and to be the most important place in the careers of our people.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.