Technical Solutions Director
Technical Solutions Director – Finecast
Finecast, a WPP company specialising in addressable TV, launched in the UK in September 2017.
As TV audiences’ fragment across a range of platforms and as viewing behaviours evolve, TV advertisers are grappling with how to continue making best use of their most trusted medium. Finecast was created to help solve this challenge.
Finecast enables advertisers to precision-target viewers across multiple on demand, linear and live streaming TV environments. Finecast gives advertisers the ability to deliver targeted ads to audiences watching TV content across multiple broadcasters, connected devices, set top boxes, over-the-top providers and game consoles – all through a single point of access with standardised measurement.
Finecast optimises delivery across the entire addressable TV marketplace. With access to hundreds of different targeting segments, from socio-economic to life stage, purchase and financial data, advertisers can identify and reach viewers whenever and wherever they are watching.
GroupM is the leading global media investment management operation. It serves as the parent company to WPP media agencies Wavemaker, MediaCom, Mindshare, Essence and m/SIX.
Its primary purpose is to maximise the performance of WPP’s media communications agencies on behalf of our clients, our shareholders and our people by operating as a parent and collaborator in performance-enhancing activities such as trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, proprietary tool development and other business-critical capabilities. The agencies that comprise GroupM are all global operations in their own right with leading market positions.
The focus of GroupM is the intelligent application of physical and intellectual scale to benefit trading, innovation, and new communication services, to bring a strategic advantage to our clients and our companies.
About the team
Finecast is live in the UK, Australia and Canada. But also planning on being live in a further 5 markets in 2020. The team is made up of an expanding team of 80+ (growing to over 150+ in 2020) spanning Engagement, Operations, Client Services, Marketing, Business Operations, Finance and Product, Data & Analytics functions.
Finecast is a team of individuals shaping the future of TV advertising and as such we set high standards for the individuals we hire and the skillsets they bring to our business.
The role objectives
The Technical Solutions Director will support the Finecast platform development team with a dedicated technical support function
The role will report to the Head of Platform Development working within the product team, collaborating closely with Finecast development partners, WPP IT and local markets.
The right person will shape a technical account support function for Finecast’s proprietary technology platform, providing first line support, training collateral and reference documentation (e.g. wiki), working closely with our development partner to identify and resolve technical issues and enhancements.
The Technical Solutions Director will also support the Head of Product Development and Chief Product Officer in leading project management of our ongoing development efforts, managing future feature scoping, sprint planning and evaluation, testing and release.
Responsibilities for this role fall into 2 key areas; technical support responsibilities and project management.
• First line technical support for Finecast Audience Planner
• User administration and role management
• Training and support documentation (e.g. wiki)
• Management of bugs / issues / enhancements backlog
• SQL experience ideal but not essential, launch and join tables, supporting with market queries
• Performance monitoring and usage reporting
• System admin management of our cloud partner platform
• Support for market onboarding for Finecast Audience Planner
• Programme direction of Finecast technology development, working closely with both external development teams and internal (GroupM / WPP) infrastructure and security resources
• Coordination of scoping, discovery, user interviews, testing and release across Finecast and third party development
• Creation and maintenance of training and user administration plan for all Finecast markets
• Working with head of platform development and CPO to track ongoing backlog of feature requests and business priorities across markets
• Communications – identification and oversight of effective collaboration and communications tools for the product team and our interaction with the business / partners (eg JIRA / Trello)
• Work collaboratively with both partners and internal teams to coordinate launch of new product capabilities
Finecast are looking for a process driven individual with the ideal mix of analytical thinking, technical skills and a service focused mindset.
The successful candidate will play a crucial role in scaling Finecast’s platform and pricing technology to support the growth of our business expansion around the world.
Technical skills required:
• Mid seniority Python
• Proficient using SQL
• Experience using bash
• Good understanding of cloud computing especially GCP
Some exposure to:
- Experience interacting with restful APIs
- Experience with open API v3
• Experience using serverless
• Experience handling large data sets
• Sound understanding of database development and reporting dashboard design
• Use of data manipulation and visualisation tools
• Strong analytical capabilities – being able to identify and interpret trends and provide clear recommendations
• Excellent numerical competency and Exceptional Microsoft Excel capabilities
• Understanding and experience of the product development process
Innovate: Through creativity and vision, we evolve.
Belong: Together we promote a sense of self-worth and fulfilment.
Strive: We support each other’s growth and development, to drive success.
Respect: We earn respect through trust and integrity.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.