Graduate Marketing Analyst/ Econometrician
Job Title: Graduate Marketing Analyst/ Econometrician
About the Marketing Sciences Team: We are an integral part of the agency. We look to prove, then improve the value of our clients’ marketing campaigns. Our application of data & analytics, provides evidence-based insights and knowledge to allow the agency to make better decisions in planning and buying media. Here are some typical questions - and major marketing challenges - that we help our clients with every day:
- Who are the different kinds of consumers in the market and who should we target?
- How do consumers respond to key factors like price, brand, and media spend?
- How does this change at different stages of the consumer journey?
- How much should we spend on advertising to support our business targets?
- How can we best reach our target audience - what’s the optimal media mix?
- What’s the impact of our latest media campaign? How can we improve?
- When’s the best time of year to run this campaign?
To answer questions like this, we use a vast range of data and a variety of techniques – ranging from simple data analysis to sophisticated modelling methods, including:
- Marketing Mix Modelling – time-series analysis, panel regression, Bayesian hierarchical modelling
- Multi Touch Attribution – we have our own proprietary logistic regression-based approach
- Unsupervised learning – PCA, k-means clustering, hierarchical clustering
We combine sophisticated analytics with our consulting and problem-solving skills to provide actionable advice.
About the role: As an Account Executive, you will play a key role as part of a Marketing Science team delivering analytical support to a specific client(s). Your role will include: preparing data to be ready for analysis, carrying out analysis and statistical modelling under guidance, and supporting the creation of key deliverables summarising our learning and insights. You will be involved in sessions with other teams in the agency - and directly with the client - to discuss and agree aspects of our work e.g. the scope of work and the implications of the results of the work.
What we’re looking for?
We are looking for passionate, numerical, analytical candidates with a genuine interest in Advertising & Marketing. You will be inquisitive and curious, with a drive to really get under the skin of our clients’ businesses – understanding what makes them tick and turning this understanding into actionable insights. Success requires being comfortable working in a team and the ability to proactively engage and collaborate with peers from other teams within the agency.
Typically, candidates will have the following background – however, if you feel that you can still demonstrate the skills required, we would love to hear from you:
Academic background and experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in a numerate/quantitative subject – Economics, Maths, Statistics, etc.
- A master’s degree in a numerate/quantitative subject – Economics, Maths, Statistics, etc.
- Work experience (Internships, sandwich placements etc.) in a marketing or general business environment
Knowledge and skills:
- Understanding of basic statistics and the principles of regression analysis
- High level of comfort using data – both small and large datasets
- The ability to analyse data to discover insight
- The ability to communicate insights using data visualisation to both experts and non-experts
- Proficiency in Excel, Powerpoint and Word
- Understanding of advanced statistical methods
- Ability to use one or more of the following: R, Python, Stata, SPSS, eViews, SQL
What’s in it for you!
As part of the GroupM and WPP network, our Mindshare benefits are incredibly comprehensive and you’ll have plenty of fantastic benefits to choose from. We’ve listed a few below - and there are many more on offer:
- Superb development opportunities and ongoing support throughout your career
- Light, open-plan office space with roof terrace, onsite bar and stunning views over central London
- 25 days’ holiday from the get-go, increasing with length of service
- Season ticket loan, subsidised gym memberships, private medical (BUPA) and life assurance.
- We also have a range of on-site services including health screenings, financial management workshops, manicures and massages.
How to apply: Please apply online via this advertisement and send us your CV and a covering letter.
Applications will be reviewed via our GroupM Future Talent team.
Please note that we require all applicants to have the full right to work in the UK, without sponsorship.
If you require any assistance throughout your recruitment process, please call the Future Talent Team on 02071585400 to discuss your requirements.
Mindshare sits in the space where data, content and technology collide. We are a leading global marketing and media services network with billings of more than £23billion worldwide. The network consists of 97 offices in 67 countries throughout the USA, Latin America, Europe, Middle East, and Asia Pacific; each dedicated to forging competitive marketing advantage for businesses and their brands.
We invest heavily in staff development. Training is extensive from the most junior level with mock pitches, cross-media training, and learning modules in conjunction with the GroupM University. We work hard to create a coaching culture across the agency and have launched training programmes including a “Future Leaders Programme” which is a 12-month modular learning course designed to accelerate staff development and to expose employees to new areas of the business, and in January 2012 Huddle was launched- an innovative future planning discussion collaborating across our global network. Find out more here: www.mindshareworld.com/uk/huddle
It’s not all work here - Mindshare hold social events for everyone including festive and summer parties and monthly get-togethers. February 2012 saw Mindshare’s first subsidised ski-trip, which was a roaring success and is now into its 6th year!
If you’d like to know more about life at GroupM and our agencies, you can search for ‘GroupM UK Careers’ on all major social media platforms.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.