Global Associate Director
Mediacom have worked with this client since Q4 2018, and following a busy onboarding period involving over 60 markets we are looking to evolve our Global client and account management practice to ensure we deliver our long term vision for this prestigious client.
The Global team defines the global strategic media guidelines across major campaigns for each business unit (including Originals, Football, Running), these guidelines are then deployed in market through our global network. The role of the Global Mediacom team is to drive consistency in deployment, and ensure our market implementation is optimal and delivers against the brief and long term business objectives.
Objective of the role
The Associate Director is responsible for continuously improving client relationships with the Global media clients and to drive quality output and consistency across all markets for the client.
It requires a combination of strong strategic, digital and client servicing skills with the ability to lead and inspire a multifunctional team with the London team, and support our local markets to deliver brilliant work. They will need to be an effective listener and possess the ability to communicate complexity across all levels of seniority within the global team and across the network.
Success will be measured through feedback from markets, account leadership and regular formal and informal client service reports. You will be managing an internal team of 4, and report into the Global Business Director and Global Account Director
The role will include regular travel to client offices in Amsterdam and Herzogenaurach and Mediacom local markets.
- Superior Client Account Management
- Ability to engage senior marketing people at the local and regional level
• Build and maintain excellent client relationships through best in class client servicing.
• Actively participate in the development of client contact strategies and pro-actively seek opportunities to problem solve and advise internal teams and markets.
• Act as focal point for our global and regional teams. Driving excellence and quality in account management and delivery.
• Assist the BD with client and partner agency resolution issues.
• Assist the BD in reporting and adherence to client servicing action plans
• Anticipation of clients’ needs and setting up internal process to meet them
• Recognise and evaluate good work from within and outside of MediaCom (locally, regionally, globally), the client, the client category, and be confident in sharing and re-applying lessons from it.
- Market support, practice development and implementation
• Identify and set relevant process and KPI’s in conjunction with key clients and then apply to the teams working at MediaCom – both locally and centrally - supporting them in delivery and monitoring progress.
• To inspire and advance each market’s understanding and activation across all platforms working with local agency teams and local client teams where necessary
• Embrace and advocate the use of Mediacom’s System Planning approach, ensuring this becomes the focal point of our way of working.
• Focus on delivering against global commitments, encompassing people, resources, quality of services, deliverables, and remuneration
• Support local market delivery by creating consistent approaches to account needs including QBRs, summits, PCAs, media landscape and competitive reports
- Share best practice across markets where appropriate and create consistencies in output
3. People Management
- Management and development of team market coordination team
- Regularly report back to full team on insights from markets
- Oversee the usage of the media reporting tool, reporting back to global clients and client leads to call our market challenges and compliance issues
• Maintain high level of motivation amongst team members and implement initiatives to ensure team retention.
• Anticipate team workload, propose team structure / staff requirements, effectively manage team resource gaps, e.g. leave cover.
- hire new team members as required, assign team responsibilities
• Marshal team resources in order to fit client requirements and working with staffing/revenue ratios
• Develop strong relationships with internal teams – including BD, Strategy leads and digital and supporting services (commercial, legal, etc)
• Implement initiatives to ensure team retention.
• Effectively manage upwards to the BD and Global Account Director
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.