Back to Top
Who we are?
GroupM, world leader in consulting and media buying, is mainly engaged in supporting advertisers in the promotion of their brands.
GroupM is present in 80 countries via international networks and works with renowned clients in diversified sectors such as luxury goods, automotive, FMCG, services...
In France, GroupM is present through the following agencies : KR Wavemaker, MediaCom, Mindshare, Neo and Keyade (1000 employees).
The Account Director will be part of the global team for a luxury client and dedicated to the Watches and Fine Jewelry division. The role includes (but not limited to) the following key roles & responsibilities:
- Be a trusted and respected advisor to the Watches and Fine Jewelry Media and Marketing clients. Much of your time will be spent working with the client’s Global Media team. Your role is to help determine the key areas of focus and deliver clarity and purpose to every project and work-stream. You will need to quickly become a trusted partner, able to deliver against day to day operational needs and at the same time, help shape the longer term strategic narrative
- Supervise all the agency deliverables and ensure they are delivered in a timely maneer. You will supervise an account manager and work closely with a range of strategic planning and digital experts to help you deliver against the clients’ expectations. These deliverables include (not limited to): budgets’ settings, campaigns’ guidelines and reports for the markets, global media strategies and media plans for Pan Global campaigns, measurement framework and campaigns’ learnings
- Support and coordinate our +35 markets. We work with this client in +35 markets. Budgets are set and invested locally but the HQ set the global media agenda for the company. Your role is to both “push” the central agenda to our markets and to “pull” best practice and share with everyone. Where there are problems you will ideally anticipate them in advance and escalate to the agency COO and CEO as required
- WPP key connector. part of our role is to bring the best of WPP and GroupM to the client globally, and in every market. For the WFJ division, your role is to identify the right talents and expertise across WPP and Group M and based on the clients’ priorities. You must therefore demonstrate a solid understanding and curiosity of ever evolving media and marketing fundamentals and ecosystem and have the ability to engage clients around the full set of WM/Group M capabilities/offers
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10+ years’ experience
- Fluent or comfortable with English as requires communication with local markets and all documents produced are in English
- Good communication skills (oral & written) to structure sharp learnings & insights
- Strong media agency background and knowledge
- Experienced traditional and digital media practitioner
- Proven in multi-market / network management
- Capable of both leading and collaborating within WPP horizontal projects
- Strong networking skills and capable of initiating relationships with a broad group of client stakeholders
- Proven in developing and delivering pragmatic (not theoretical) guidelines and ways of working across markets in very short turn-arounds
- Good understanding of the media landscape or experience in US, China, France, Korea, Taiwan or ME is a major advantage
- Very good knowledge of the Pan International media landscape
- Solid knowledge, sensibility and understanding of the luxury sector and especially WFJ
- Strategic thinking and great analytical