Back to Top
Who we are?
GroupM, world leader in consulting and media buying, is mainly engaged in supporting advertisers in the promotion of their brands.
GroupM is present in 80 countries via international networks and works with renowned clients in diversified sectors such as luxury goods, automotive, FMCG, services...
In France, GroupM is present through the following agencies : KR Wavemaker, MediaCom, Mindshare, Neo and Keyade (1000 employees).
The Business Partner will be part of the global team for a luxury client and dedicated to the Fragrance and Beauty division. The role includes (but not limited to) the following key roles & responsibilities:
- Be a trusted and respected advisor to the Fragrance and Beauty Media and Marketing clients. Much of your time will be spent working with the client’s Global Media team. Your role is to help determine the key areas of focus and deliver clarity and purpose to every project and work-stream. You will need to quickly become a trusted partner, able to deliver against day to day operational needs and at the same time, help shape the longer term strategic narrative. This is not a role for a “yes person”, you must be confident and credible enough to deliver useful advice even if that means sometimes saying no or disagreeing with the client – Our client respects authenticity and honest points of view
- Lead our F&B global team. You will have a team of 3+ FTE based with you in Paris, and an extended team of strategic planning and digital experts. It is your role to manage and motivate the team such that our objectives and expectations are clear and that our client is receiving the service they require and rightly expect
- Effectively identifies insights and develops hypotheses to solve complex client problems. Using available research and data; and frame/develop solutions to address client’s key business challenges outlined in overall scope; pulls in executives/ specialists appropriately. Directly guides and manages the team (and specialists) to develop clear, logical and persuasive stories and communications linked to client’s objectives and business opportunities
- Influence our +35 markets. We work with this client in +35 markets. Budgets are set and invested locally but the HQ set the global media agenda for the company. Your role is to both “push” the central agenda to our markets and to “pull” best practice and share with everyone. Where there are problems you will ideally anticipate them in advance and escalate to the agency COO and CEO
- WPP key connector. As part of our role is to bring the best of WPP and GroupM to the client globally, and in every market. For the F&B division, your role is to identify the right talents and expertise across WPP and Group M and based on the clients’ priorities. You must therefore demonstrate a solid understanding and curiosity of ever evolving media and marketing fundamentals and ecosystem, and can engage clients around the full set of WM/Group M capabilities/offers
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 15+ years’ experience
- Fluent or comfortable with English as requires communication with local markets and all documents produced are in English
- Good communication skills (oral & written) to structure sharp learnings & insights
- Ideally come from a large local market and preferably having previously worked on Beauty category
- Strong media agency background and knowledge
- Experienced traditional and digital media practitioner
- Proven in multi-market / network management
- Capable of both leading and collaborating within WPP horizontal projects
- Both service and commercially driven – adept at achieving the right balance with clients
- Strong networking skills and capable of initiating relationships with a broad group of client stakeholders
- Proven in developing and delivering pragmatic (not theoretical) guidelines and ways of working across markets in very short turn-arounds
To learn more about our culture: https://linktr.ee/groupmfrance