Platform Manager – Performance Display Specialist
GroupM recently merged two of its leading global networks, MEC and Maxus, to form a brand new media, content and technology agency – one of the largest in the world. WAVEMAKER exists to be Future Makers: to build brands that pioneer the future, inspire society and move customers to action. What started with a blank page and a fresh perspective has resulted in building an agency of future.
Bound together by our Purchase Journey approach, we help clients translate audience behaviours and insights into smart decisions today, for a prosperous tomorrow. Our organizational capabilities and specialisms, along with the talents of our 8,500 people are united through our focus on understanding, accelerating and optimizing purchase journeys. Our obsession with purchase journeys is apparent in the solutions we create for clients, in how we structure ourselves and in the job roles our people perform. So a job a WAVEMAKER may not sound like a job at any other agency, and that’s because it isn’t.
Our people are encouraged to become the best versions of themselves and share the values and behaviours of what we refer to as PACED - passionate, agile, collaborative, entrepreneurial, and diverse. With our combined global heritage coming together to create something new; our people are the brains, the data experts and the thinkers of the GroupM family.
WAVEMAKER is a leader in its field. We’re in front of transformation, making waves by making bold choices. It means the impact of our choices today creates momentum into the future.
Our vision is simple: To become the most distinctive and admired media, content and technology agency in the world.
The future is not only coming, it’s now.
We are looking for a passionate Display Manager who has strong experience in the DR space.
The focus for the Display Manager will be taking responsibility for overall planning, activation and reporting on all brand plans, working closely with the account executive on the team, as well as their Account Director. For this person to be successful in the role, they will need to work very close with our brand team, to ensure they deliver best-in-class and integrated activations – with data at the heart!
This role is a fantastic opportunity to work across a broad range of programmatic campaigns – focusing on the development of market leading programmatic strategies, across mass-market, B2B and youth audiences. These campaigns will cover breadth of disciplines including major launches, tactical campaigns and lead gen.
This role has a heavy focus on programmatic, with a key focus on working with audience directors and our internal programmatic buying unit to deliver best-in-class and innovative programmatic solutions.
About the Client & Team Red
Vodafone UK are one of the ‘big four’ Telco providers and currently hold around 20% market share but are looking to Team Red to help increase that over the coming years.
Vodafone’s NPS score is on an upward trajectory and Team Red are entering an exciting period with several ground-breaking propositions recently launching.
Vodafone are quite a traditional advertiser but Team Red are pioneering change. Recent campaigns have including influencer marketing, first-in-market Social BETAs and large-scale partnerships run alongside our in-house Wavemaker team.
Vodafone have a strong Consumer and B2B presence – Team Red often respond to briefs in the space of start-ups/SOHOs as well as larger corporations. Additionally, we manage all planning and activation across Vodafone’s consumer facing business – across their Pay monthly, pay as you go, sim only & broadband categories as well as their newly launched youth focused brand; VOXI.
Team Red within Wavemaker have gained industry-wide recognition, winning many awards across Digital channels in the last 18 months. The PMAs, Global Festival of Media and Campaign’s 30Under30 to name a few. In fact, they were the most awarded brand at the PMA’s in 2018.
More importantly, you will be part of a big and supportive team, who maintain a ‘small agency feel’ despite enjoying all the benefits of a large agency environment. We think of ourselves as being an agency within an agency – albeit with all the benefits of being surrounded by other teams, and sharing knowledge across all clients.
Sounds great right? Well there’s more… Not only will you have one of the best offices in London, with a fantastic Social and vibrant atmosphere – You also have a subsidized canteen, restaurant, no less than three bars and a beautiful roof terrace for Summer team drinks.
About the role
Journey Activation Manager
The successful candidate will be responsible for day to day client management, leading the response to briefs, planning, activation, and reporting. It is important that this person is comfortable to lead in client meetings and can build solid relationships with the clients as well as the team and Wavemaker colleagues.
As the industry leaders in our space, you will gain exposure to large-scale data partnerships and market-leading measurement opportunities.
The Display Manager will be supported by a very capable Account Executive and will share responsibility for their ongoing personal development.
Not only this, but the Display Manager will report directly into a Director, who has over 6 years’ experience in the digital space. This person will help set clear objectives, and train the individual to help them achieve these, as well as develop their skill set.
What are some attributes that would be suited for this role?
- Keen interest in programmatic and data planning
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Team player
- A desire to learn
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Lead the client in their understanding of optimal display planning principles and methods.
- Help to collectively develop an integrated media planning solution - working with wider comms planning and activation teams at Wavemaker
- Develop and demonstrate an understanding of the client industry sector, the competitors within that sector and the general industry environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the media and technology developments that influence our clients business.
- Understand and proactively manage short, medium and long term business objectives.
- Deliver excellence in client service – including:
- Quality control over all work produced, including that of indirect reports.
- Set up and attendance for all status meetings, reviews and general client meetings.
- Ensure all client requests are met and surpassed and manage client expectation effectively.
- Respond to all client briefs and requests in a timely, professional and efficient manner.
- Use Wavemaker tools to drive forward new channel suggestions and performance orientated recommendations.
- Demonstrate an enterprising and pro-active attitude to all client dealings.
- Help to further client understanding of display media planning and implementation
- Responsible for the effective management of finance processes including:
- Ensuring all bookings are added on the system correctly, and on time.
- Reconciliations are completed on time.
- SOX compliance.
- Swift resolution of queries.
- Lead and line manage your executive
- Responsible for the training and development of your executive with support from your Specialist Lead
- Accountable for the workflow and quality of work of your executive, ensuring that they deliver work on time and to a high standard that is aligned to your client’s digital media strategy
- Ensure you and your executive has the correct qualifications at all times
- Review, provide feedback and set objectives for your executive every 6 weeks
- Promote the Wavemaker planning products and participate in internal training, projects and new business.
- Understand the function and value of the other departments within Wavemaker and its partners.
- Develop productive relationships with key internal departments and help develop new revenue opportunities through matching client needs to resources and facilitate introductions.
- Responsible for keeping Account Director up to date with client issues, opportunities and team developments.
- Actively seek creative and innovative media solutions in collaboration with other Wavemaker teams.
- Promote Wavemaker and its ambitions to external stakeholders (clients, key partners).
- Drive education and use of Wavemaker tools and services.
- Develop strong relationships with relevant media owners and other service providers at an appropriate level.
- Develop relationship with necessary external agencies on relevant client businesses to ensure integrated approach – e.g. Ogilvy (Creative)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Advanced excel skills.
- Ability to work closely with Internal programmatic trading team, to brief, plan and execute brand campaigns – with an in-depth knowledge of the brand landscape.
- Ability to develop and execute comprehensive testing roadmap in the display space – audience, media, creative
- High level of numeracy.
- Good understanding of:
- Best in class planning principles and methods
- Analytical methods and tools
- Media research tools and techniques
- DSP’s and their USP’s
- Workflow management and prioritisation.
- People management.
- Sound financial awareness, including processes and budget control.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.