Group Content Head (Partnerships)
GroupM recently merged two of its leading global networks, MEC and Maxus, to form a brand-new media, content and technology agency – one of the largest in the world. WAVEMAKER exists to be Future Makers: to build brands that pioneer the future, inspire society and move customers to action. What started with a blank page and a fresh perspective has resulted in building an agency of future.
Bound together by our Purchase Journey approach, we help clients translate audience behaviours and insights into smart decisions today, for a prosperous tomorrow. Our organizational capabilities and specialisms, along with the talents of our 8,500 people are united through our focus on understanding, accelerating and optimizing purchase journeys. Our obsession with purchase journeys is apparent in the solutions we create for clients, in how we structure ourselves and in the job roles our people perform. So, a job a WAVEMAKER may not sound like a job at any other agency, and that’s because it isn’t.
Our people are encouraged to become the best versions of themselves and share the values and behaviours of what we refer to as PACED - passionate, agile, collaborative, entrepreneurial, and diverse. With our combined global heritage coming together to create something new; our people are the brains, the data experts and the thinkers of the GroupM family.
WAVEMAKER is a leader in its field. We’re in front of transformation, making waves by making bold choices. It means the impact of our choices today creates momentum into the future.
Our vision is simple: To become the most distinctive and admired media, content and technology agency in the world.
The future is not only coming, it’s now.
Job Title: Group Content (Partnership) Head
Reporting to: Head of Integrated Delivery
Key reports: Direct Reports: Content Leads
Partial Reports: Management of project management where necessary
As a member of the Wavemaker Content Leadership Team you will have over-arching responsibility for developing and delivering the Wavemaker Content business strategy for 50% of the Wavemaker UK Client base. You will also be responsible for developing our capabilities and structure to ensure we continue to develop and grow a team of the future.
Through harnessing creativity, content and tech you will endeavour to deliver commercially viable growth and position Wavemaker Content as a market leading UK content division. You will be an ambassador for Wavemaker Content externally, utilising your existing strong industry connections whilst forging relationships in new areas to drive incremental growth and revenue models.
You will play a pivotal role in shaping the culture of Wavemaker Content – not only inspiring direct reports but leading by example across the department. Your knowledge and experience will guide and nurture development internally within Wavemaker Content and the wider agency.
As Wavemaker Group Content Head you will be expected to build strong and productive relationships with the most senior stakeholders in the agency including General Managers, Client Partners and Journey Design Leads.
You will help to inspire a creative culture and challenge our current approach to delivering best in class solutions to client briefs and strategic challenges.
Your commercial Acumen will be second to none. You will have extensive knowledge and experience in the areas of media and content creative solutions. Being commercially enterprising, you will work as part of the leadership team to ensure we safeguard and future proof revenue opportunities, both existing and new. This includes supporting the HOD’s in developing brand-new income opportunities in areas such as IP and tech.
Implementing a clear and structured approach to your wider team regarding pitches, negotiation, project delivery and proactively identifying cost efficiencies and incremental revenue streams. You will be pivotal in bringing all areas of Wavemaker Content together to ensure a fully integrated approach to client solutions.
Your approach will be considered pioneering, compelling and collaborative.
- Client Servicing:
- Ability to lead on, and take ownership of senior client challenges or projects to deliver positive results.
- Build strong and effective relationships with clients engendering and maintaining a relationship of trusted advisor.
- Act as senior Wavemaker Content escalation point across your portfolio of clients.
- Strategic Planning & Delivery:
- You will have thorough understanding of the full Wavemaker Content portfolio seeking to integrate Media & Content solutions, Production, Digital Engagement, Tech and Creative Direction.
- Based on your knowledge of the Wavemaker strategic process you will understand the role of Journey Design and engage that team to ensure positive collaboration.
- You will read all briefs received and share thoughts with senior members of your team ensuring all possible areas including and beyond media are considered as a part of the solution.
- Working alongside the Production and Project Management Head you will understand and lead the delivery process and champion standards expected of a market leading agency.
- Assist Content Leads in trouble shooting across critical campaign elements e.g. legal, commercial and delivery.
- Working with your counterpart to promote a culture of excellence in commercial acumen, training your teams to follow best practice in areas including media analytics and planning, industry regulations, contracting, scope development and efficiency, bookings processes, negotiation and forecasting.
- Proactively identify and develop new ways to grow business profitability and deliver financial targets.
- Take ownership of client income reporting for your base of clients.
- You will have a good understanding of the WM Content commercial model
- Foster a culture of best practise within the team ensuring processes and management of your direct reports is positive and effective in their development.
- Actively promote and implement a culture of agile working practice.
- Support Content Leads in effectively managing and prioritising workloads and team issues.
- Work alongside your counterpart to develop team training plans to ensure you nurture and grow team expertise.
- Act as the senior escalation point for any people and culture issues.
- Creativity, Innovation & Collaboration
- Develop an approach that fosters creativity and delivers award winning work we can be proud of by working with the Journey Design community.
- Define a strategy that champions bold creative solutions alongside more traditional proposals offering our clients a broader, braver choice of opportunities.
- In conjunction with WM Content HODs you will work with key partners to identify new products and innovations to introduce to Wavemaker clients.
- Seek out partners who can deliver innovative tech and formats to offer first mover advantage to Wavemaker Content and our clients ensuring their activity is best in class.
- Actively seek out new trends, product and platform launches and share them with wider team and agency.
- Leadership and Industry Profile
- Be an ambassador for Wavemaker Content ensuring we add to the industry wide conversation.
- Taking an active role in engaging industry bodies and panels (e.g. ESA, BCMA, Thinkbox) - having a voice and offering an opinion.
- Pro-actively seeking opportunities to build your external profile and that of Wavemaker Content, be that through public speaking opportunities, thought pieces or trade press interviews.
- Helping spearhead the Wavemaker Content profile externally.
- Technical Skills
- Confidence in core commercial systems such as FORMS, AURA and PIQ
- You will need to have an excellent working knowledge of industry and tools and systems (e.g. Metis / Prisma, TechEdge, Adazzle) and must ensure that your team are equally competent.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.