Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders, and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So, do we.
Welcome to MediaCom
Finance Operations Manager
Director, International Finance
Competitive based on experience
We are the MediaCom International/ WW Finance team, servicing both Global client teams and the Central Execution Hub across Financial, Commercial and Operational areas of the business.
This role sits within the International/WW Finance team in MediaCom, reporting into the Director, International Finance. This role will work closely with the client teams and Finance-Plus
- To support the Director, International Finance, and the Senior Finance Manager on the Finance Operations area of the business
- Manage the Unbilled and Debtors process and Key Suppliers across the business
- Manage and review all media and production costs billed on the WIP Ledger
- Manage/Lead the Best Practice training and improve business awareness of financial importance across the agency.
- To be the main link between the Agency and Finance-Plus from a Finance Operations perspective
- Manage the F/X across the media side of the business
- To support the Director, International Finance on the credit insurance area of operations
- To work alongside GroupM in rolling out the latest Media Operations systems
- To be responsible for ad-hoc client reconciliations in relation to debtors and unbilled.
- Manage the client On-boarding process from an Operational perspective
- Prepare NWC reporting on a monthly and quarterly basis for internal and external stakeholders
- To assist in client audits within the agency.
- Responsible To support on the SOX and year-end audit by providing all relevant information to the auditors
- Support the Director, International Finance and EMEA Finance Director on providing our local markets with operational guidance across our Global clients
- Assist in co-ordinating internal SOX control testing
- Other Ad-hoc tasks
- Establish strong and positive relationships with both internal and external colleagues
- Is open and approachable to others
- Shares thoughts about own strengths and limitations
- To be knowledgeable and accountable on the tasks that they carry out
- To lead and develop a team of 4 Client Finance Analysts
Skills, Behaviours and Experience Required:
- Attention to detail
- Team Player
- Good accounting understanding
- Industry experience and expert knowledge of media systems is essential
- Exposure to Risk Management
- Ability to solve problems
- Excellent project management skills and experience
- Understand the importance of prioritising tasks and meeting deadlines
- Flexible approach to role and requirements
- Confident attitude and good workshop/presentational delivery skills
- Works productively in a high-pressure environment
- Strong Analytical skills
Key Performance Indicators:
- Being able to meet all deadlines
- To produce accurate information
- To actively seek to implement automated tools
- Understands the importance of prioritising tasks
More About Working for MediaCom: People First, Better Results
In return, MediaCom will offer the candidate the opportunity to:
- Be in a fantastic working environment – our work/life balance is important to us
- Work on a well-established award-winning account, and gain exposure working on multiple Ecommerce channels.
- Build a career here – we are long-term focused and reward great performance
- Training opportunities – we encourage continuous learning