GroupM is the number one global media investment management group and is the parent company to WPP’s media agencies including MediaCom, Wavemaker and Mindshare. We offer the intelligence to find or create valuable audiences, the power to engage them most effectively and efficiently, and the ability to create desired marketing outcomes.
We invest in people, content, technology and data to make our agencies optimally effective and efficient for clients, providing intelligence to find or create valuable audiences and outcomes. Our leadership, inventiveness and scale drive success for our clients, partners and people.
GroupM and its agencies have over 17,000 staff in 400 offices in 80 countries around the globe.
GroupM UK are looking for an experienced solution architect to join a small but growing team who focus on the delivery of Agile and Waterfall IT projects.
As the GroupM UK solution architect, you will be tasked with understanding business requirements and converting them into the architecture and the design of a solution. Where solutions are proposed by third parties, you will validate these. Once agreed, you will monitor and govern throughout implementation and in some cases, run our smaller more technical projects.
You will be accountable for designing reusable architecture guidelines, assets and standards to support solution development, as well as consulting with the business and project teams on how to best leverage these assets and standards.
It is imperative that you can share and communicate ideas clearly, both orally and in writing, to executive staff, business sponsors, and technical resources.
Finally, in collaboration with our global enterprise architecture team, you will play a key part in enabling the organisation's future-state business capabilities.
- Understand business drivers and business capabilities (future and current state), and determine corresponding system designs and change requirements to drive targeted business outcomes
- Design and lead the implementation of solutions architecture across a group of specific business applications or technologies based on company strategy, capabilities and requirements
- Provide consulting support to projects to ensure they are aligned with the overall enterprise architecture, compliance and security principles
- Facilitate the evaluation and selection of software product standards and services, as well as the design of standard and custom software configurations
- Identify the organisational impact (for example, on skills, processes, structures or culture) and financial impact of the solutions architecture
- Document all solution architecture design and analysis work
- Contribute to road mapping activities to validate sequencing from a technical perspective
- Play a key role in the preparation of business case and RFP documentation
- Assist in managing and maintaining existing solutions i.e. provide approval for changes
Skills & Experience
- First class verbal, written communication and presentation skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of stakeholders from developers to senior executives
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Excellent analytical and technical skills (application development as well as infrastructure, network architecture, etc)
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Previous experience as Development Lead and experience in at least two IT solution development disciplines i.e. application development, database management, etc
- Good understanding of strategic and new and emerging technology trends, and the practical application of existing, new and emerging technologies to new and evolving business and operating models
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
- Ability to apply multiple technical solutions to business problems
- An analytical thinker who can use their creativity to see directly to the heart of complex problems
- Ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations
- Technology neutral: remains unbiased toward any specific technology or vendor choice, and is more interested in results than personal preferences
- Displays intellectual curiosity and integrity
- Ability to propose and estimate the financial impact of solution architecture alternatives
- Ability to identify business opportunities and promote initiatives to exploit them
- Thorough understanding of SDLC (agile/waterfall) methods and processes, and capability of supporting agile project teams by providing advice and guidance on opportunities, impact and risks, taking account of technical and architectural debt
- Experience working with distributed/virtual delivery teams and 3rd party software houses
- Knowledge of all components of an enterprise technical architecture
- Working knowledge of the media industry, specifically advertising and its technologies (non-essential)
- Prepared to travel between our central London offices when required
- Deep understanding of the data architecture disciplines, concepts and best practice
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server technology (including DBMS, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, MDS, DQS)
- Experience with business intelligence projects and large data warehouse implementations
- Experience in solving data quality issues and master data management solutions
- Deep understanding of integration methods and best practice
- Strong experience in object-oriented technologies in general and .NET Technologies such as C#
- Experience with Source Code Management, Automated Deployment and Continuous Integration, including tools such as Microsoft TFS Release Manager, TeamCity, etc.
- Good working knowledge of requirements management tools such as TFS or JIRA
- Excellent Microsoft Office 365 skills (including knowledge of OneDrive, Teams, SharePoint, etc)
- A good understanding of CRM solutions i.e. Dynamics 365/Salesforce.com and ideally capable of configuring them.
- Experience with web technologies such as HTML and PHP
- Experience of designing and delivery Cloud applications and experience with leading cloud providers such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, IBM, etc
- Experience with workflow engines such as Nintex (non-essential)
- Experience with mobile application development (non-essential)
- Experience with XML and modelling skills (non-essential)
- Experience with web service development (non-essential)
- Relevant, recognised, training or certifications i.e. TOGAF 9.X
- BSc in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline
The following are desired qualifications and not required for applications to be considered:
- Project management certifications
- Business analysis certifications
- Agile delivery related certifications
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.