Performance Director (GE) – 12 month fixed maternity cover
Wavemaker is a billion-dollar revenue agency that sits at the heart of GroupM and WPP. Our ambition is to be the most distinctive and admired media, content and technology agency in the world.
Wavemaker is a global network that operates locally in over 90 countries and 139 offices. We are aligned behind our purchase journey obsession, and we help our clients translate audience behaviours and insights into smart decisions for today and tomorrow. Our commitment to our clients it to be the “Future Makers’. We demonstrate this in how we think, how we work and our relationship to technology and content to better serve their needs. We are leading the way in re-inventing the role of a media agency in the digital age, embracing media planning and buying, but fit for the modern marketing requirements of seamlessly connecting media, content and technology.
To do this, we attract experts from diverse backgrounds that can share in our vision for the future.
We believe in the essential relationship between the vitality of our 8,500 people and our commercial success. This can best be encapsulated in the values we uphold, and the way in which we demonstrate our commitment to them. We are Passionate, Agile, Collaborative, Entrepreneurial and Diverse (PACED)
With PACED as our backdrop, we require our people to be self-starters, with high standards. We know that ‘great teams still have star players’, and we expect everyone to bring their own uniqueness to the party and contribute their value with their own flair. We do not tolerate exclusion of team members and their ideas. We are here to make waves with our clients, and we can only do that as a collective.
WM is looking for a team leader who can thrive in a fast-paced environment, working on one of the most important B2B companies in the world: General Electric. An important role within an agile and dynamic Direction team, the Performance Director will assist the Client Partners in ensuring the smooth day to day running of all project requirements across multiple GE business units and markets. This client is heavily active within the biddable and SEO space, with growing remits within content and digital activation.
- Maintain oversight of all client work-streams, and actively project manage tasks to ensure the team operate most effectively and are clear on delivery and deadlines for each of the projects we manage.
- Oversee quality of output to ensure work meets or ideally exceeds client standards and is in line with agreed strategies
- Be the main point of contact for the biddable team regarding all biddable channels (Google, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube and Twitter primarily)
- Ensure delivery of a holistic communications approach by bringing together biddable, SEO and other specialist resources as required to ensure delivery of a cohesive response to brief
- Actively contribute to the delivery of effective and innovative integrated communication solutions and always strive for consistency, accuracy and timely delivery
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with clients, central and local WM teams, agency partners and media owners
- Assist the team in running biddable activations at particularly busy times or when senior hands-on expertise is required
- Oversee global reporting systems and finance processes, ensuring quality and accuracy of output and distillation of business-critical insights
- Motivate and coach direct reports and help to ensure the broader team adopt a positive and collaborative approach to client work
- Be comfortable working with clients and team members in different time zones, via phone, email or video conference, during working hours.
- 7 years’ experience in a client facing role
- Biddable experience: SEM, Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin & Youtube
- Understanding of SEO
- Display, programmatic and brand partnerships experience
- Excellent attention to detail and strong financial awareness
- Proven project management & organisational skills
- Understanding of UX and usability in order to advise clients on lead gen campaigns
- Excellent understanding of tracking and trafficking: Google Analytics, DataStudio, Doubleclick, Marketo integration
- Ability to build personal relationships with clients and colleagues
- Ability to work within a constantly changing environment
- Experience in another B2B client is plus
- Knowledge about GE, or similar companies with multiple sub-businesses is a plus
- Experience in other search engines is a plus: Bing, Yandex, Baidu, Yahoo! Japan is a plus
- Passionate – brings a genuine thrill and excitement to the role
- Agile – is able to be nimble in thought and action and overcome obstacles to achieve great things
- Collaborative – works well with others, and can align behind a shared purpose
- Entrepreneurial – is open to new ideas, and will challenge old ones.
- Diverse – is proud of the difference they can bring
GroupM is the leading global media investment management company for WPP’s media agencies including Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence and m/SIX, and the outcomes-driven programmatic audience company, Xaxis. Responsible for more than US $108B in annual media investment by some of the world’s largest advertisers, GroupM agencies deliver an advantage to clients with unrivaled insights into media marketplaces and consumer audiences. GroupM enables its agencies and clients with trading expertise, data, technology and an array of specialty services including addressable TV, content and sports. GroupM works closely with WPP’s data investment management group, Kantar, and together they account for almost 50% of WPP’s group revenues of more than US $19B. GroupM delivers unrivaled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people.
Discover more about GroupM at www.groupm.com.
Follow @GroupMWorldwide on Twitter
Follow GroupM on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/groupm
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.