Programmatic Account Manager
Mindshare FAST (Future Adaptive Specialist Team) is a digital division within Mindshare of integrated performance specialists, managing Programmatic Display, Paid Search and Paid Social for our global clients. The Programmatic Display team comprises 3 teams – Team Unilever, Team Ford and the Core Programmatic team (all other agency clients). Each team has its own individual requirements based on the client needs, but the ways of working and best practice are shared across all teams. The Programmatic Display teams are responsible for planning, buying and managing Programmatic Display campaigns for complex global clients within the retail, FMCG, automotive, finance and technology, industries.
Our portfolio of Programmatic display clients includes Unilever, Ford, Three, American Express, IBM, Marks & Spencer, 20th Century Fox and many more… We work with the best technology, data and inventory to deliver the best campaigns for our clients, whether that be with managed partners or self-serve platforms. The Fast Programmatic teams are responsible for the programmatic strategy, but all programmatic self-serve activity is traded centrally by our ops team at GroupM.
The candidate will report into the Programmatic Account Director. Working within the Programmatic team, they will be integral to achieving client goals, and the development and optimization of our client’s Programmatic Display activity as part of integrated multi-channel campaigns. The ideal candidate will have experience in working with programmatic campaigns, understand the key requirements for planning, setting up, managing day to day and reporting. You will be expected to champion the Mindshare best practice approach to delivering campaigns for our clients. You will lead by example, taking responsibility for the guidance and development of junior members of the team (SAEs, AEs and interns).
Ideal key skills & knowledge:
- Programmatic experience and knowledge of industry best practice - Experience managing Brand and DR campaigns, optimising accounts to achieve business outcomes
- Experience of working with programmatic managed service DSPs and/or self-service DSPs
- Experience of working with audience strategies to optimise Programmatic campaigns - Proficient in using features available within tracking platforms like DoubleClick/Sizmek/Flashtalking
- Able to clearly articulate the rationale for proposed campaign tactics (channels, budget, audience, formats etc.) and present these back internally and to clients
- Experience supporting, developing, and mentoring junior team members
- Analytically minded with very good attention to detail, able to identify trends in large data sets
- Aware of how programmatic can integrate with other digital and offline channels
- Aware of market trends and dynamics and able to articulate to clients
- Experience working with day to day clients, developing day to day client relationships
• Leading the planning, tracking setup, and on-going management of Programmatic campaigns
• Carrying out health checks (delivery, performance, brand safety and viewability) on Programmatic accounts to ensure they are set up and running as per Mindshare best practice
• Proactively working with our partners to monitor delivery, regularly optimize campaigns, monitoring market changes, and identifying development opportunities
• Creating and leading the execution of development and testing plans including media owner firsts where possible
• Preparing presentations and leading client calls and face to face meetings • Working with the AD to devise campaign strategy and translate this into campaign delivery
• Able to see how delivery of programmatic campaign can link in to wider multi-channel campaign and transfer learnings
• Playing an active role in team meetings and agency events
• Writing case studies of great work delivered by the team
• Volunteering to assist with new business pitches, and other cross-agency initiatives
• Collaborating with other digital teams within the FAST hub
• Delegating and managing workloads across the junior members of the team
• Contributing to and owning personal development plans
• Arranging/attending training to progress your and the team’s knowledge and capability
• Motivating junior team members to develop their knowledge of programmatic best practices
• Supporting the educating of planning teams on the benefits and purpose of Programmatic
• Making full use of the technology available, implementing processes and practices that maximize operational efficiencies
• The accurate management of budgets, adhering to the Mindshare finance process
• Taking responsibility for junior team members accurately following all aspects of Mindshare process
• Identifying opportunities for process improvement, and providing recommendations
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.