Digital Performance Lead
Who are m/SIX?
m/SIX is the UK's fastest-growing media planning and buying agency, having doubled in size in the last eighteen months to 130 people and £200m in billings. Our international network now comprises over 40 offices across 3 continents.
We have a unique proposition and ownership structure, which is fundamental to how we operate for our clients. We are majority owned by our partners within The&Partnership, but GroupM’s minority ownership means that we are able to offer a true ‘best of both worlds’ advantage. This means a progressive and entrepreneurial approach to business and culture, whilst providing full access to GroupM’s market leading pricing, data and technology assets. The&Partnership overall has a strong ethic of pitching in and getting our hands dirty, regardless of level. As such we are naturally less hierarchical and territorial than many other agency environments, particularly when it comes to working with creative teams.
As both The&Partnership and m/SIX we have therefore created new models and ways of working, which are leading the industry in defining the agency of the future. This means solutions built bespoke for clients’ individual needs, inclusive of all necessary disciplines and working to one bottom line. Creatives, strategist, analysts, investment and production teams working together, with data and technology at the centre. These teams are often implanted directly within the client marketing teams: in the UK we have fully embedded teams at News UK, Talk Talk and Toyota/Lexus. The impact of this has been transformational on our clients’ business.
The agency is designed to think audience first – to face into disruption. We use data signals to understand the flow of audiences, and build communications systems that balance the need to build and convert demand. We turn real behavioural data into actionable human insight that informs all communications at both strategic & implementational levels. This means that we’re geared toward business growth, not just media growth. Our aim is always to become a valued board-level business partner of the clients we work with.
As a direct outcome of this progressive & transformational agenda, m/SIX has two ambitions. To be a top ten agency in every market in which we operate, and to be the most important place in the careers of our people.
Who is the client?
TalkTalk are the UK’s value champion in Broadband and combined TV, Mobile and Internet services. Unlike Sky, BT and Virgin with their flashy celebrity led campaigns, TalkTalk genuinely put ‘the customer’ at the heart of their business. We help TalkTalk invest over £70m annually in media across all brand and performance channels, with an integrated team, rich in data and analytics.
What is the role?
The Performance Lead will be responsible for leading the Talk Talk digital teams to enable delivery of wider strategic planning and the success of our client’s media goals. You will be responsible for the delivery, optimisation and performance of media activation for one of most significant clients. It is essential that the candidate has considerable experience in managing a digital performance team within a fast-paced agency environment, as well as strong management & leadership skills.
Key role responsibilities:
- Proactively manage & develop Talk Talk digital accounts and team of programmatic and biddable media specialists
- Identify opportunities to help improve profitability of Talk Talk’s digital media activity
- Accurately forecast and determine budgets across integrated, multi-channel campaigns
- Ensure the smooth running and consistent delivery of digital (display, search, organic, social and online video) campaigns
- Pro-actively drive efficiency within digital media management at both client and team levels, with clear focus on process, best practice and technology deployment in line with m/SIX POV
- Take an active role in the development of digital excellence within the team, with focus on delivering client work that goes beyond the core activity and challenges the standard of what has gone before
- Oversee day-to-day performance across the Talk Talk’s digital media account, ensuring aggressive acquisition targets are hit across all brands
- Together with the client lead develop clear and coherent media and digital strategy and ensure this strategy is implemented across the account
- Manage all client media briefs, ensuring appropriate budgets are secured and clear and achievable KPIs are agreed with the client from the outset
- Ensure our digital media recommendations are accurately forecasted and together with digital team, we are hitting plan and mutually agreed performance targets
- Align with m/SIX data and analytics to ensure we are utilising customer/client sales data to inform our media recommendations and optimise our digital media campaigns
- Ensure client is billed accurately and on time by the digital team
- Lead, manage & develop a team of nine digital specialists
What experience & skills does the role require?
- Extensive hands-on experience across the paid, owned and earned media space
- A proven record of successfully managing and delivering against challenging digital KPIs
- Experience in managing and developing a team of digital specialists
- Process orientated
- Proven success in managing multi-stakeholder clients
- Ability to prioritise and manage a large team
- Deep knowledge of landscape, technology and operations of digital media
- Commercially minded
- Analytical thinking
- Excellent communication skills with clients and internal teams, focussing on solving their problems by making the complex world of media easy to understand
- Strong influencing skills
- Solutions Focused
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.