GroupM is the leading global media investment management operation serving as the parent company to WPP media agencies including Mindshare, Wavemaker and MediaCom, each global operations in their own right with leading market positions. GroupM’s primary purpose is to maximize performance of WPP’s media agencies by operating as leader and collaborator in trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, proprietary tool development and other business-critical capabilities. GroupM’s focus is to deliver unrivalled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people. Discover more about GroupM at www.groupm.com.
About the Team
This role sits within the central finance team of GroupM UK reporting into the Finance Controller. The role will work closely with the Head of Reporting, Financial Controllers, GroupM Head of FP&A and the GroupM Head of Operations as well as the Agency teams.
The Role Objective
Finance Managers within GroupM are responsible for providing senior support in order to achieve accurate and timely financial reporting; maintaining a framework of robust and efficient control processes; promoting process improvement and business partnering on cost control within the agencies. Your key objectives will be to support the Financial Controllers on the creation of one aligned, efficient and effective reporting function that provides the required monthly reporting to WPP (P&L and Balance Sheet) and internal Management Information to all the agencies and operating units that make up GroupMUK.
Your key responsibilities are:
- Ensure accurately and timely reporting of month-end P&Ls and Balance sheets
- Actively lead projects to align, standardise and improve financial reporting, business processes and financial management across the Agencies
- Produce Management Information provided to the management of Agencies based on actuals
- Business partnering- working closely with budget holders to collect accurate and timely information to improve the quality of budgets and forecasts
- Demonstrate commercial acumen with ability to challenge income numbers and movements within the P&L
- Support Financial Controller in Managing all elements of the Balance Sheet with all accounts reconciled monthly
- Analyse and provide meaningful NWC commentary to key stakeholders
- Review and approval of monthly payroll
- Take a key role in external, internal and audits and continual development of the internal governance and control framework
- Manage, support and develop more junior members of the team to actively train and improve staff knowledge and experience
- Provide any ad-hoc reporting requested by the GroupM CFO / HoR / HFP&A / FC
- Fully qualified accountant or equivalent (e.g. CIMA, ACA, ACCA) Minimum 2+ years post qualification
- Organised with good attention to detail
- Quick to learn and adaptable to change with ability to reprioritse workload
- Professionalism and pride in accuracy and on-time delivery
- Confidence to lead on projects
- Previous knowledge of WPP financial working practices
- Understanding of media and communications industry
- Commercial mindset and ability to think in an agile way
- Previous SOX experience or equivalent
- Proficient user of Excel, Cartesis and MediaOcean
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via [email protected].