Affiliate Account Director
Who are m/SIX?
m/SIX are one of the UK's fastest-growing media planning and buying agencies, having doubled in size in the last two years to 150 people and £200m in billings. Our international network now comprises over 40 offices across 3 continents.
We have a unique proposition and ownership structure, which is fundamental to how we operate for our clients. We are majority owned by our partners within The&Partnership, but our joint venture with WPP means that we are able to offer a true ‘best of both worlds’ advantage. This means a progressive and entrepreneurial approach to business and culture, whilst providing full access to GroupM’s market leading pricing, data and technology assets.
As both The&Partnership and m/SIX we have therefore created new models and ways of working which are leading the industry in defining the agency of the future. This means solutions built bespoke for clients’ individual needs, inclusive of all necessary disciplines and working to one bottom line. Creatives, strategist, analysts, investment and production teams working together, with data and technology at the centre. These teams are often implanted directly within the client marketing teams: in the UK we have fully embedded teams at News UK, Talk Talk and Toyota/Lexus. The impact of this has been transformational on our clients’ business.
As a direct outcome of this progressive & transformational agenda, m/SIX has two ambitions. To be a top ten agency in every market in which we operate, and to be the most important place in the careers of our people.
What is the role?
We are looking for an experienced affiliates account director to lead the strategy and implementation of the affiliates offering across one of the agencies biggest clients. This is an exciting role for someone currently working in the affiliate space who is eager to work for a forward thinking fully integrated media agency. This position is responsible for the growth and development of specified strategic advertiser accounts in the affiliate team, as well line management of the team SAE/AE. We are looking for an individual who can demonstrate a genuine enthusiasm and passion for this area digital marketing combined with a rigorous commitment to maximising ROI, and a proactive attitude to identifying new opportunities.
Who is the client?
TalkTalk are the UK’s value champion in Broadband and combined TV, Mobile and Internet services. Unlike many competitors with their flashy celebrity led campaigns, TalkTalk genuinely put ‘the customer’ at the heart of their business. This is reflected in our campaigns which feature a real ‘TalkTalk family’ – showcasing ‘real people/ real lives’.
We help TalkTalk invest over £70m annually in media across all brand and performance channels. With an integrated team, rich in data and analytics and working closely within an embedded team together with our creative agency The&Partnership.
- Inspire, direct and lead the affiliate team to passionately understand the channel and digital marketing as a whole
- Drive Channel billings and spend across the channel
- Track and report the impact of the delivery of strategic affiliate delivery, combining a rigorous commitment to maximizing ROI, and a proactive attitude to identifying new opportunities.
- Consult with the client about the tactical and strategic aims of their affiliate programme
- Understand and work with the client to identify and develop growth strategies in the performance channel and elsewhere (search, social etc.)
- Ownership of the forecasting and hitting sales targets for the client
- Help to develop annual campaign calendars, roadmaps and roll-out plans
- Communicate and meet with key affiliates/publishers, ensuring you build strong relationships to utilize the best opportunities for the client
- Proactively identify and match suitable publisher business models to networks for advertisers
- Oversee the reconciliation process and budget management, ensure correct procedures are followed at all time and accurately report all billing and income to senior management
- Manage, coach and develop the senior account manager and account manager.
- You should be a proven expert in affiliate marketing who can demonstrate a genuine enthusiasm and passion for this area digital marketing
- You will have extensive knowledge and experience of all performance-based marketing
- You will have knowledge of technical tracking solutions such as; DCM and DART
- Ideally you have worked within an agency environment previously
- Experience in leading and developing a team
- You will be a personable, confident self-starter with a ‘get up and go’ attitude
- You will have strong commercial, negotiation and influencing skills
Where is the role based?
As Talk Talk move their operations up to the North-West we are very excited to be moving alongside them. This role will be co-located in the client’s new headquarters Soapworks, a multifaceted destination hub on Greater Manchester’s Waterfront. Working in such proximity with the client will enable us to work in smarter, more nimble ways to deliver the most innovative data-driven work. We envision that this move to the north-west will just be the start for m/SIX making their mark on the Manchester market and we are therefore looking for someone who can also help us grow our northern footprint.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.