Mindshare is a leading global marketing and media services network with billings in excess of £23billion worldwide. The network consists of 97 offices in 67 countries throughout the USA, Latin America, Europe, Middle East, and Asia Pacific; each dedicated to forging competitive marketing advantage for businesses and their brands.
Technology is changing our lives in astonishing and unimaginable ways and, in media, we are lucky enough to be working at the very heart of this change. However, the way we think about media is vital to unlocking the greatest opportunities for our clients and producing our best work. We define media as the space where content, audiences, data and technology meet.
This media playground is an exciting, vibrant and fast evolving space - a space that’s buzzing with innovation and creativity. A space where new people behaviours, habits and routines are fast emerging.
WORKING FOR MINDSHARE
We invest heavily in staff development- training is extensive from the most junior level with mock pitches, cross-media training, and learning modules in conjunction with the GroupM University. In January 2012 Huddle was launched- an innovative future planning discussion collaborating across our global network. Find out more here: www.mindshareworld.com/uk/about/huddle
It’s not all work here - Mindshare hold social events for everyone including festive and summer parties and monthly get-togethers. February 2012 saw Mindshare’s first subsidised ski-trip, which was a roaring success and is now into its 6th year!
The Compliance Manager will work alongside the FC and CFO to ensure we provide robust internal controls and governance, which we can demonstrate to clients (often via audit), external and internal auditors and the wider group.
- Lead and manage client audits, involving liaison with client auditors, our global commercial finance team and multiple operational staff within the business
- Ensure we implement SOX processes, and follow up on audit action plans
- Coordinate with the finance team and wider business to prepare the necessary information for audits (internal and external)
- Work with the group e.g. Group M UK and Finance Plus (WPP shared services centre)
- Organise and prepare supporting documentation and audit information requests
- Establish, improve and maintain accounting practices and operating procedures across the agency
- Oversee and ensure compliance certifications are prepared and reviewed by relevant people in the business
- Prepare sustainability reports
- Oversee and ensure hospitality requests are followed up with and approved/rejected
- Provide training on SOx processes and requirements to the business
- Line management of our finance intern
- Approver in our process workflows (client, supplier and staff set up)
- Review and preparation of our key client risks and documentation
- Ad hoc tasks and analysis as required
HOW SUCCESS IS MEASURED
- Score on SOX reports
- Score on internal audit reports
- Timeliness of certification completion
- Reputation of the agency
Fully qualified accountant or qualified by experience
Previous SOx experience
Previous audit experience
Proficient user of Excel
Attention to detail and accuracy
Knowledge of media agencies and/or Mediaocean an advantage
We are looking for someone who is a self-motivated individual who can work with little supervision while at the same time be a good team player.
Good communication is needed with all levels of the company.
The successful applicant must be hardworking, flexible, articulate, willing to learn and take on new challenges.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.