Digital Network Manager
Who are m/SIX?
m/SIX is one of the world’s fastest growing agencies in the world. As an agency that is just shy of ten years old, we were born in the digital age.
This means our approach of truly integrating data into everything we do is unencumbered by the silos and ways of working of traditional agencies. This is what enables us to achieve our purpose: which is to help brands grow in the modern media landscape and new customer reality in which we live.
The agency is designed to think audience first – to face into disruption. We use data signals to understand the flow of audiences, and build communications systems that balance the need to build and convert demand.
We turn real behavioural data into actionable human insight that informs all communications at both strategic & implementational levels. This means that we’re geared toward business growth, not just media growth.
Our aim is always to become a valued board-level business partner of the clients we work with. As a direct outcome of this progressive & transformational agenda, m/SIX has two ambitions.
1. To be a top ten agency in every market in which we operate
2. To be the most important place in the careers of our people.
What is the role?
The Digital Network Manager role is a key support function to the EMEA Digital Network Director. They will liaise with other regional hubs across the globe to collate insight and knowledge and be responsible for disseminating best practice throughout the wider team. In addition, they will ensure alignment with global briefs and work with other departmental teams to ensure that market information is accurate and feeds into EMEA regional strategy.
We’re looking for a someone who is passionate about the digital media and advertising industry, highly organised, knows how to prioritise a variable workload and has an interest and experience in understanding the EMEA digital landscape. There will also be opportunities to present to clients and internal teams so someone who has experience with this or is comfortable with presenting to groups is key. They must be personable and good at building relationships as they will be required to work with a broad-range of stakeholders.
What will your responsibilities be?
- Represent local markets within the region by consistently demonstrating digital landscape knowledge across key territories
- Assist in the development of digital partnerships
- Liaising with vendors on regional digital opportunities and bringing these into the wider team for discussion
- Ensuring activity goes live across multiple markets accurately and on a timely basis
- Monitoring and reporting on local market activities
- Analysing campaign results and creating actionable insights and learnings to feed into the digital specialists and future campaigns
- Overseeing post-campaign analysis (PCAs) reports, across all markets
- Working with the Technology team to ensure all data sources are pulling into real-time reporting dashboards
- Working with account teams and digital specialists on ad hoc tasks
- Communicating with local m/SIX markets on ad hoc digital requests
- Developing digital knowledge via training courses and meetings with key vendors
Who are you?
- A digital manager with +3 years’ experience who aspires to be a digital generalist rather than a channel specialist
- Have an interest in working on cross-market, international accounts. Previous international experience is a plus in this role
- Interest and knowledge of all digital channels and able to speak knowledgeably about each one
- Experience working with both brand and performance advertisers
- You have a high attention to detail and are able to collaborate well with others
- Proficient at Excel (e.g. pivot tables) and PowerPoint
- Passion for digital – having an appetite for learning about the latest channel, format or targeting method
- Strong communicator as you will be speaking to a wide range of people, some of whom English is not their first language
- Knowledge of financial booking systems (e.g. Prisma or Media Explorer)
Where is the role based?
This team are part of one of our unique m/SIX embedded model teams, where we place m/Sixers to work directly with the client. The results of having client and agency working so closely together mean that the best work can happen, and our m/SIXers have a unique experience of being an agency person ‘client side’. The client’s office in London / Guildford is the UK HQ and home to multiple business groups and corporate functions.
The office in the centre of Guildford is a 5-minute walk from the main train station and only minutes away from the town's shops, restaurants and bars. Guildford is a 25 minute train journey from London Waterloo. Although you will be based in Guildford, we will expect that you regularly return to the London office for meetings and training & development.