Account Director - Connections Planning
WORKING FOR MINDSHARE
- Do you want to advance your career by working on an exciting and forward thinking account, looking after a leading UK Tech brand?
- If so, this is the role for you! You will be working on the Dyson account. Mindshare have a strong relationship with Dyson globally, to which Connections Planners are pivotal. We work across Dyson’s portfolio of products, delivering innovative and effective media plans across the Floorcare, Personal Care and Environmental Control categories.
- In terms of your day to day, the bulk of your time will be spent on planning exciting, multifaceted campaigns as well as working with channel specialists to make those plans a reality. This involves everything from defining the approach to audience, designing the connections plan across all relevant touchpoints as well as defining a framework for measurement.
- In terms of your day to day, the bulk of your time will be spent on planning exciting, award-winning campaigns as well as working with channel specialists to make those plans a reality.
- This involves everything from defining the approach to audience, designing the connections plan across all relevant touchpoints as well as working on content creation and measurement.
- You would be responsible for a handful of brands within the broader Unilever portfolio. Key responsibilities include:
- Specify how to build and target audiences in addressable and non-addressable media and validate the approach to ensure that the defined audience can be reached at the scale required.
- Designing an approach that outlines how and where we will connect with defined audiences in media
- Designing the connections ecosystem & plan, working closely and collaboratively with channel specialists
- Day to day management of campaigns as a key liaison between clients and channel specialists
- Designing measurement & testing framework to inform as well as measure and optimise the campaigns
SKILLS & BEHAVIOURS
- You show a breadth of understanding across all media channels and can confidently discuss the role these play as part of a comms strategy.
- You are a tool ‘wizard’…well not quite, but excellent working knowledge of audience research & planning tools (such as TGI and Touchpoints) is a must
- Ability to draw clear insights and implications for media (i.e. connecting the outputs of different insight systems successfully) and tangibly apply these to the plan, taking nuances forward into corresponding media touchpoints and messaging, so that audience understanding is clearly reflected in the plan.
- You show a passion for media as well as an understanding of what makes a great media campaign - always attempting to do the best work possible and can tangibly prove your plans are aimed at achieving excellence in planning craft.
- You are passionate about proving your campaigns work! How? By being able to create a holistic measurement framework that is relevant for the brand and applicable to every campaign (setting KPIs, methods i.e. which tool/system, necessary tracking) and plans for adaptation/optimisation).
- You must have extensive experience leading senior client relationships, managing all agency teams, leading and delivering client projects and tackling challenging conversations.
- You are an excellent team player as you will be working with people across a broad range of disciplines and experience levels, taking the responsibility for working in a collaborative, inclusive way to allow specialists to contribute.
- You demonstrate excellent attention to detail and accuracy in every output, as well as a high degree of organisation that leads to successfully managing workflow for self and more junior members of the team.
- You are open-minded, flexible and embracing of agile ways of working, and thrive within a fast-paced working environment.
- You have at least 5 years’ experience working in media planning/buying agencies. Strong digital experience a plus.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.