Senior Business Operations Manager
Overview of the role
The Senior Business Operations Manager is a key member of the business, leading the Business Operations function at Finecast.
In this role you will support the UK business, working closely with all teams, supporting the Head of Business Operations in managing strategic change initiatives that require dedicated ownership and coordination.
The scope of work is therefore broad, and will cover areas such as the following and more:
- Support on major business change projects
- Team structure and process definitions
- Support finance team on commercial operations internally and with agencies
- Systems implementation and roll out
- Documentation and training programmes including onboarding
- Evolve team identity, culture and talent development
- Support on new product launches
The right person will play a critical role in diversifying and supporting Finecast’s growth; responsible for successfully driving change in our business and helping implement new systems, processes and structures that positively impact our product, the operations of our business and the environment in which we work.
Key role requirements
As the ideal candidate you will have a strong working experience of consulting and programme management / project work, with a focus in the media and technology sectors.
It will be important that you are aware of the current addressable TV industry environment with an ability to demonstrate that at interview.
This role will work in a fast growing new operating company to identify, shape and implement change. As the successful candidate you will need to be comfortable in working with multiple senior peers and stakeholders and be able to problem solve and take initiative.
In addition it will be essential that you have experience in applying skills and knowledge in a technology environment, for example project managing migration of SSP as an example.
- You’ll have responsibility for execution, delivering the true value of change, and payback on investment, by accelerating the benefits from new processes, technologies and business models, and ensuring that our operations continue to run smoothly throughout the transformation.
- Projects may involve helping to identify, design, and implement new organizational models. Experience in influencing people organization, how they work and collaborate together; how a business behaves, its values and its agility in the future marketplace will be valuable.
- As a driver of change, you will need to challenge accepted thinking and inspire new ideas and approaches. Maintaining momentum and engagement throughout projects and evidencing success.
- Business acumen and a commercial mind-set are a given as is a genuine interest in people and the transformational challenges facing organizations.
- Experience of managing and operating at a senior level in a digital media or technology business.
- An understanding of digital media technologies and demonstrable experience of using these to drive business improvement.
- A demonstrated successful history in change management environments.
- Strong track record of delivering high quality projects in challenging circumstances.
- A confidence in producing excellent results in ambiguous and dynamic environments maintaining a flexible approach and open mind.
Finecast, a WPP company specialising in addressable TV, launched in the UK in September 2017.
As TV audiences’ fragment across a range of platforms and as viewing behaviours evolve, TV advertisers are grappling with how to continue making best use of their most trusted medium. Finecast was created to help solve this challenge.
Finecast enables advertisers to precision-target viewers across multiple on demand, linear and live streaming TV environments. Finecast gives advertisers the ability to deliver targeted ads to audiences watching TV content across multiple broadcasters, connected devices, set top boxes, over-the-top providers and game consoles – all through a single point of access with standardised measurement.
Finecast optimises delivery across the entire addressable TV marketplace. With access to hundreds of different targeting segments, from socio-economic to life stage, purchase and financial data, advertisers can identify and reach viewers whenever and wherever they are watching.
GroupM is the leading global media investment management operation. It serves as the parent company to WPP media agencies Wavemaker, MediaCom, Mindshare, Essence and m/SIX.
Its primary purpose is to maximise the performance of WPP’s media communications agencies on behalf of our clients, our shareholders and our people by operating as a parent and collaborator in performance-enhancing activities such as trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, proprietary tool development and other business-critical capabilities. The agencies that comprise GroupM are all global operations in their own right with leading market positions.
The focus of GroupM is the intelligent application of physical and intellectual scale to benefit trading, innovation, and new communication services, to bring a strategic advantage to our clients and our companies.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.