Comms Planning Manager
Who are m/SIX?
m/SIX is one of the world’s fastest growing agencies in the world. As an agency that is just shy of ten years old, we were born in the digital age.
This means our approach of truly integrating data into everything we do is unencumbered by the silos and ways of working of traditional agencies. This is what enables us to achieve our purpose: which is to help brands grow in the modern media landscape and new customer reality in which we live.
The agency is designed to think audience first – to face into disruption. We use data signals to understand the flow of audiences, and build communications systems that balance the need to build and convert demand.
We turn real behavioural data into actionable human insight that informs all communications at both strategic & implementational levels. This means that we’re geared toward business growth, not just media growth.
Our aim is always to become a valued board-level business partner of the clients we work with. As a direct outcome of this progressive & transformational agenda, m/SIX has two ambitions.
- To be a top ten agency in every market in which we operate
- To be the most important place in the careers of our people.
What is the role?
We are looking for a talented and experienced Media Planning Manager to join the team, working on an exciting, innovation-led account. Your role will encompass supporting the BD in smooth day-to-day running of the account, market coordination, supporting strategic planning and digital teams, as well as pan-European brand partnerships (potentially might involve central media planning and buying – subject to central budget availability).
You must work efficiently and proactively, playing a vital role in communicating and assisting local markets with planning and activation. Ideally you already have experience and understanding of both offline and online channels. This is a fast paced, innovative role and requires someone who can think on their feet and relishes in an ever-evolving environment.
What will your responsibilities be?
- Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise across multiple demands
- Ability to project manage and coordinate multiple stakeholders in respect of agreed timelines
- Good understanding and experience across all media channels
- Experience of working with different international markets is desirable
- Ability to formulate campaign proposals and present confidently to clients
- Experience in media buying is a bonus
- Able to write and deliver presentations and explain principals of digital to clients
- Day-to-day relationship building with clients and media owners
- Be aware of new developments across media channels and propose when appropriate
- We are looking for a highly motivated person with a strong willingness to learn and progress; a self-starter, digital at heart.
Who are you?
- Previous experience gained from a media planning role
- The ability to talk with authority about the current and future trends, in technology and media
- Has high capability and confidence in brand building and acquisition planning.
- Is proactive in developing inventive ideas to think beyond the obvious solution, creating plans worthy of award entry
- Leads by example through presence and positive contribution to client and agency meetings
- Seeks out opportunities to develop our scope and relationship with clients.
- The successful candidate will have a keen eye for detail and strives to improve current ways of working
- You will be confident, self starter with great communication skills
- You will exude our agency behaviours of pioneering, honesty & energic
- You will have a positive attitude and approach every task with passion
- Ideally (but not essential) you will be a French or German speaker.
Where is the role based?
This team are part of one of our unique m/SIX embedded model teams, where we place m/Sixers to work directly with the client. The results of having client and agency working so closely together mean that the best work can happen, and our m/SIXers have a unique experience of being an agency person ‘client side’. The client’s office in London / Guildford is the UK HQ and home to multiple business groups and corporate functions.
The office in the centre of Guildford is a 5-minute walk from the main train station and only minutes away from the town's shops, restaurants and bars. Guildford is a 25 minute train journey from London Waterloo. Although you will be based in Guildford, we will expect that you regularly return to the London office for meetings and training & development.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.