Social Insight Manager
Last year GroupM merged two of its leading global networks, MEC and Maxus, to form a brand-new media, content and technology agency – one of the largest in the world. WAVEMAKER exists to be Future Makers: to build brands that pioneer the future, inspire society and move customers to action. What started with a blank page and a fresh perspective has resulted in building an agency of future.
Bound together by our Purchase Journey approach, we help clients translate audience behaviours and insights into smart decisions today, for a prosperous tomorrow. Our organizational capabilities and specialisms, along with the talents of our 8,500 people are united through our focus on understanding, accelerating and optimizing purchase journeys. Our obsession with purchase journeys is apparent in the solutions we create for clients, in how we structure ourselves and in the job roles our people perform. So a job a WAVEMAKER may not sound like a job at any other agency, and that’s because it isn’t.
Our people are encouraged to become the best versions of themselves and share the values and behaviours of what we refer to as PACED - passionate, agile, collaborative, entrepreneurial, and diverse. With our combined global heritage coming together to create something new; our people are the brains, the data experts and the thinkers of the GroupM family.
WAVEMAKER is a leader in its field. We’re in front of transformation, making waves by making bold choices. It means the impact of our choices today creates momentum into the future.
Our vision is simple: To become the most distinctive and admired media, content and technology agency in the world.
The future is not only coming, it’s now.
As a member of Wavemaker’s award winning Audience Science team you will deliver impactful projects using best in class research techniques and approaches across our diverse portfolio of client and new business projects. Harnessing the wealth of data derived from online conversations, forums and comments you will translate this into observations and insight that will help inform planning and evaluation.
Although primarily focused on social insight you will be part of a large insight team that utilises social data alongside a vast array of other tools and data sources that you will also be able to delve into for consumer insight. The role is varied and fast paced, with projects coming from an array of interesting clients including BMW, Vodafone, Public Health England, Met Police, B&Q, Colgate and L’Oreal.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for data and a desire to use more sophisticated analysis techniques than what the standard social insight tools provide. For example, having demonstrable experience using programming languages (e.g. Python, R etc.) to analyse social media data for insight.
No two days are ever the same; one day you could be conducting detailed analysis for the Royal Navy to inform future paid and owned activity, and the next exploring how online conversations can help BMW with their strategic direction. If you like being exposed to a variety of categories and clients, this role is for you!
You will also be required to get involved in research projects, as and when appropriate – which adds to the exciting and varied nature of this role.
- Be responsible for leading social listening projects for our clients from taking the brief to designing the approach and delivery of the social insight project
- Be able to analyse earned, owned and paid social media data, using tools such as Crimson Hexagon, SocialBakers, Facebook Page Insights, Twitter Analytics, Pinterest Analytics
- Liaising with suppliers and industry contacts
- Be a key contact and take ownership of key client accounts
- Manage at least one executive, lead and inspire them and be a role model
- Internally promote and train when necessary the usage and application of our social insight tools
- Provide everyday support for pitch responses, client presentations and general research questions from our internal client.
- Keep abreast of new social tools, social insight research techniques and methodologie.
- Maintain knowledge of key consumer trends and industry innovations
- Attend relevant training courses, conferences, seminars and breakfast meetings
Essential skills and behaviours:
Candidates must have:
- A minimum of 3 years working with social data
- Demonstrable experience of working with social listening tools, spotting and understanding trends, and converting data to insight.
- Be an expert user of Sysomos or Crimson Hexagon
- Experience of managing social listening projects, from proposal through to delivery
- A strong interest in consumer insight and trends and the ability to seek out and distribute information
- Ability to develop strong working relationships
- Have strong numerical and analytical skills.
- A desire to lead and encourage junior members of the team
- Manage workloads of both yourself and the team
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
- Excellent time management and adherence to deadlines
Desired, but not essential:
- Demonstrable experience using programming languages (e.g. Python, R etc.) to analyse social media data for insight
- Have an understanding of other research techniques, including potential strengths and weaknesses, including:
- Quantitative: Online surveys, etc.
- Qualitative: Focus groups, in-depth interviews, online communities etc.
Experience and qualifications:
- The ideal candidate will ideally be educated to degree level or above and will be experienced in a communications planning/ media or research agency
- GCSE Maths and English A-C
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.