Journey Activation Director - CTM
Works across all digital media channels (Display, Paid Social, Online Video and Digital Partnerships) on one of the biggest accounts within the agency. The AD role would be responsible for translating digital strategy into action plans to deliver best in market, data driven and effective integrated digital media campaigns for both brand and DR objectives. Historically the client has been very performance focused but is increasing spend behind digital brand campaigns and there is now an ambition to fully stitch together the audience journey across all touchpoints in digital, from priming stages to sales and retention. The AD will account manage the specialist buyers to ensure the team is focused on the numbers and that there is gold standard account set-up and optimization across display (both IO direct and programmatic), social and short form online video (not VOD).
- Key day-to-day and first point of contact point for clients of equivalent level regarding digital media campaigns whether activity is in planning, live or post campaign.
- The conduit between those clients and Specialist Planner Buyers
Strategy & Planning:
- Responsible for taking brief and working with specialist teams to create media plans and rationale documents that deliver on clients’ objectives
- Create measurable forecasts and projections and actively challenge legacy measurement techniques
- Ensure that the appropriate technology and data is available to track performance against core KPI’s across all digital media channels
- Ensure the digital channel approaches follow best practice set out by Specialist Leads (Social, Display, Programmatic), are in line with overall strategy and are deliverable and commercially viable
- Present cross channel digital plans to clients and lead digital reporting calls
- Work with the Precision Lead, specialist teams, media partners and the client to drive innovation
Campaign Management & Performance
- Quality control the output of the specialist buyers on a week by week basis
- Work with the specialist buyers to deliver end of campaign report with analysis that covers all digital media channels, optimisation recommendations and next steps
- Track and ensure reconciled spend across all digital media channels is accurate
- Work with the specialist teams to ensure every campaign has a clear optimisation schedule which delivers against the target objectives and testing roadmaps where needed
- Ensure KPIs are constantly reviewed both at planning stage and activation stage
- Chair weekly meetings to review reports and client performance against targets
- Ensure team members are conducting daily visibility and budget checks and tracking actions for monthly and quarterly reviews.
- Ensure paid social and display accounts pass quarterly audit scores.
- Responsible for ensuring specialist buyers complete digital reconciliation and SOX compliance for all campaigns in line with agency process
- Deliver campaigns that meet digital PRF requirements outlined in client contracts
- Work with Precision Lead to deliver audit requirements where relevant
- Plan campaigns within trading and investment guidelines set by the Precision Lead and Commercial Team
- Lead and line manage three AMs ensuring they deliver work on time and to a high standard that is aligned to the clients’ digital media strategy.
- Responsible for development of buyers within the team with support from Specialist Leads
- Identify training and development needs of the team, alongside the Specialist Leads
- Escalate any incidents (positive and negative) to Precision Lead and Specialist Leads
- Ensure all members of the team are adequately qualified when needed: Google Adwords, Google Analytics, Facebook and any relevant certifications
Innovation & Collaboration
- Work with specialist leads and media owners to identify new products and features our clients should be testing
- Aim to get the client on to at least three Google or Facebook Betas each year
- Work with your specialists and specialist leads to produce case studies ideally each quarter which will be shared with clients, WAVEMAKER and may be published within trade press.
- Develop strong relationships with relevant media owners, especially Xaxis and vertical specialist teams at Google and Facebook
- Regularly review account performance with media owners – ideally once a month, along with a quarterly business review.
Technical Skills & Experience
- A solid background in digital media is essential, with extensive activation experience of display, online video or paid social being at the core of this.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience of using DCM (trafficking and reporting)
- Experience of using Metis/Prisma buying platform (not essential), and strong working knowledge of eTelmar, Addynamix and Comscore
- Proficient use of Facebook Business Manager & YouTube experience preferable
- Excellent knowledge of display auditing, programmatic and IO buying.
- Strong presentation skills and a high level of articulation are required
- Expert Excel knowledge. Advanced Excel training completed. Must know how to use Vlookups, Pivot Tables and be able to trouble shoot.
- Experience with dynamic creative for display and preferable also social.
- Experience with using analytics packages such as Google Analytics, Adobe, etc.
- Relevant / transferable client leadership experience
Founded in 2006 and part of the BGL Group, Compare the Market are the UK’s number one Price Comparison Website and one of the UK’s most regognisable brands thanks to The Meerkats.
It’s an exciting and crucial time for Compare the Market as they look to dominate the Price Comparison sector with a host of new developments in play.
Compare the Market invest >£100m p/a across brand building and performance driving activity designed to get more customers into the Compare the Market ecosystem where they can experience more rewards and service based propositions and save themselves more money. One of their flagship media properties is their ongoing sponsorship of Coronation Street.
Wavemaker are a key partner in helping them navigate this changing landscape and build a life simplification brand that is fit for the future, through communications that are distinctive, relevant and effective.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.