Senior Director, Global Commercial & Business Operations
Senior Director, Global Commercial & Business Operations
Department / Team
Red Lion Square, Holborn
GroupM is the leading global media investment management operation. It serves as the parent company to WPP media agencies Wavemaker, Mediacom, Mindshare, Essence and MSix.
Its primary purpose is to maximise the performance of WPP’s media communications agencies on behalf of our clients, our shareholders and our people by operating as a parent and collaborator in performance-enhancing activities such as trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, proprietary tool development and other business-critical capabilities. The agencies that comprise GroupM are all global operations in their own right with leading market positions.
The focus of GroupM is the intelligent application of physical and intellectual scale to benefit trading, innovation, and new communication services, to bring unfair competitive advantage to our clients and our companies.
GroupM, the media investment group of WPP, launched Finecast in September 2017, delivering precision and accountability to advertising on the most powerful advertising and branding medium - Television.
As TV audiences fragment across a range of platforms and as viewing behaviours evolve, TV advertisers are grappling with how to continue making best use of their most trusted medium. Finecast was created to help solve this challenge.
Finecast enables advertisers to precision-target viewers across multiple on demand, linear and live streaming TV environments. It helps advertisers address hard-to-reach TV viewers through a single access point with standardised measurement. All Finecast campaigns are inherently viewable, running on TV screens within high-quality, brand-safe content with no ad blocking.
Each Finecast campaign is custom built around the advertiser’s audience target or response objective for TV campaigns and provides a more targeted and faster path to market than traditional linear TV advertising.
About the team
The world of TV is undergoing a paradigm-shift as traditional, linear TV shifts into the new world of TV powered by technology advances, content proliferation and ubiquitous data. Finecast is a team of individuals shaping the future of TV advertising and as such we set high standards for the individuals we hire and the skillsets they bring to our business. We are a rapidly growing organisation that require a hands on approach with creative thinking, strong communication skills and a passion for what we do that translates into real energy in our team culture. There is no place for politics – Finecast is a fun, open, honest place to work where we support each other for our mutual success.
The Senior Director of Global Commercial & Business Operations will be responsible for supporting the evaluation, structure and continued development of Finecast’s global commercial and business operations, and will have responsibility for the management of relationships with external vendors and with partners across GroupM/WPP.
Will effectively be able to engage with new and existing partners who include both large corporates and small, cutting edge start-ups.
Working in close collaboration with various stakeholders across business, product, finance, marketing and operational teams, at all levels and have responsibility for the development and management of global commercial deals.
Alongside commercial responsibilities, this role will also require a proven expertise in the set-up and management of business planning and modelling strategies which support the scale and growth of the Finecast business and will be more broadly responsible for the implementation and management of operational processes which support the growth and success of the Finecast global team.
Management of commercials partnerships and contracts:
• Supporting the negotiation and roll-out of new global contracts and terms.
• Management of the commercial relationship with global vendors, ensuring that partnerships are effective, on-track and meeting key objectives relating to revenue and development.
• Serving as the global point of contact for commercial queries and escalations.
Business planning and strategy:
• Management of strategies and business models which are required for Finecast’s global business planning and analysis.
• Working closely with stakeholders, to set-up and complete business models which will inform and support the analysis of new business growth opportunities.
• Responsible for the on-going development of business models and information gathering techniques which will further enhance the automation and ease of sharing information related to business strategy and planning.
Global Team Alignment and Processes:
• Responsible for processes which ensure the continued development and communication of team identity, vision and cultural values.
• Working with all team members to ensure that the teams identity, culture and vision continues to be relevant, clear communicated and upheld
• Responsible for processes which support the creation and alignment of global team OKR’s
• On-going management of the agreement, setting and tracking of team OKR’s. Ensuring focus, alignment and engagement across the global team
Essential Skills and Knowledge
• 7+ years commercial partnership and contract negotiation experience
• Proven experience with the development and delivery of commercial business models
• Proven experience with the delivery of business operational processes
• Experience managing a growing team
• Advanced knowledge and expertise with MS excel
• Experience with data management and reporting tools/platforms
• Strong communication skills
• Experience working in a global team
• Positive attitude and passionate about your work
T: +44 20 7158 5000 | 26 Red Lion Square, WC1R 4HQ London, United Kingdom
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.