Paid Search Senior Executive
Paid Search Senior Executive
Job title: Paid Search Senior Executive
Group: FAST Worldwide Paid Search
Reports to: Partner, Search and Social
Ours is the story of the eternal upstart and change is in our DNA. We were born with the ambition to change the world through media. Raised in Asia, we are now the world’s most geographically balanced global network spanning US, Latin America, Europe and Asia. Mindshare’s birth in 1997 shifted the focus from media as a pure commodity to media as a change agent. Our ambition was to go beyond the traditional media descriptors of “Optimise, Capitalise, Maximise.” We will not be defined by the formulaic definitions of media. Mindshare’s story is about teamwork. It’s why we called ourselves Mindshare in the first place! We were designed to be a global network, balanced in every region, with clients benefitting from both global and local insights. Today 75% of our business is global and our global network and integrated approach is our strength.
We are a global media agency network with billings in excess of US$31.4 billion (source: RECMA) and our network consists of more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries. Mindshare is part of GroupM, which oversees the media investment management sector for WPP, the world’s leading communications services group.
Being a global team, the Mindshare Worldwide FAST Paid Search team offer two types of service to our clients, Execution and Governance. Execution services involve the day to day campaign management of our clients’ accounts, whereas the Governance aspect is a consultancy service to ensure global strategies are applied and campaigns are executed in line with best practice within our local teams.
The Governance team is growing rapidly, so we are looking for a highly organised Paid Search specialist to join us drive performance on the global FMCG client, Unilever.
Working within the Paid Search team they will be integral to the global delivery of Paid Search strategies, ensuring local markets execute campaigns in line with global best practice principles, whilst implementing best in class optimisations. The role requires someone with excellent Paid Search knowledge combined with strong organisational and communication skills, as you will need to be able to monitor updates and changes in performance across multiple markets.
The role consists of three areas: Strategy rollout, Governance and Communication.
- Build strong relationships with Paid Search teams in local Mindshare offices around the world
- Assist the Global Account Manager on calls to communicate global strategies to markets
- Assist the Global Account Manager in responding to market queries in relation to the strategy
- Liaise with local markets to audit their Paid Search sophistication through qualitative questionnaires and custom GroupM automated auditing tools
- Analyse audit results and support the Account Manager to produce documentation detailing the outcome and next steps to get markets fully aligned
- Monitor the accounts progress on a regular basis, providing monthly updates to Brand Managers
- Flag any issues regarding markets ability/barriers to implement best practice
- Work with the Account Manager to create and maintain playbooks on core optimisation techniques and features, plus share developments and updates
- Support local Mindshare markets in creating case studies to showcase results of any betas, tests or strong results from campaign execution
- Cascade and monitor implementation of a defined global naming convention
- Have regular communication with local Mindshare teams, building a strong working relationship
- Gain knowledge and understanding of each market in their live activity, constraints and progress
- Keep Unilever Brand Managers updated on their portfolio of brands performance and progress
- Collate monthly updates from markets to apply to commentary within the monthly report
- Prepare a monthly report for all markets in Excel format, providing insights on each brand category
- Assist with monthly regional cluster calls to discuss progress, showcase case studies and resolve issues
- Contribute to regular client meetings preparing material and presenting on performance and account actions
Key skills & knowledge:
The role requires someone with excellent Paid Search knowledge and executional expertise combined with strong organisational and communication skills, as you will need to be able to monitor updates and changes in performance across multiple markets.
We are looking for someone who has the following skills and experience:
- Experience setting up and optimizing campaigns within Google AdWords and Bing AdCenter
- Exceptional experience navigating Google Ads and search management platforms, such as SA360, to set up, optimise and report of search campaigns
- Experience using audiences to optimise paid search campaigns
- Experience using automation to optimise and manage search campaigns
- Analytically minded and good at handling large data sets to identify trends and insights
- Detailed understanding of Paid Search best practices
- Understanding of search measurement capabilities
- Advanced experience using Excel and PowerPoint
- Proactive approach to improving their knowledge and capability
- Attention to detail with an effective and efficient working style
- International experience preferred
- Additional language skills are not mandatory but advantageous
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.