Precision Director (Display)
We are looking for a passionate Display Director with a desire to learn more about how technology can innovate our current approach to programmatic and display.
The focus for the Display Director will be taking responsibility for overall planning, activation and reporting on all Eurostar display activations, working closely with the account manager and executive on the team, as well as their Precision Lead. For this person to be successful in the role, they will need to work very close with our local market managers, to ensure they deliver best-in-class and integrated activations – with data at the heart!
This role is a fantastic opportunity to work across a broad range of programmatic and direct campaigns – focusing on the development of market leading programmatic strategies, across multiple markets, B2B and youth audiences. These campaigns will cover breadth of disciplines including major launches, always on performance and tactical app install campaigns.
This role has a heavy focus on programmatic, with a key focus on working with managed service providers to deliver excellent results for Eurostar.
About the Client & the team:
Eurostar is a recent win for Wavemaker, with activation kicking off from the 1s t October with their Bedrock and VaVaVoom campaigns.
This is an exciting time to take on Eurostar as we approach their upcoming brand re-launch, as well as working alongside Eurostar to redefine the objectives for the year ahead and what success looks like.
We want to pioneer change for Eurostar’s digital capabilities, and our initial precision audit has identified multiple areas for improvement including dynamic creative, better verification and integrated app solutions.
Eurostar have a strong presence across their London to Paris route, but are looking to Wavemaker to drive growth through four key areas: Amplifying their holiday experiences, focusing on the Netherlands, creating an approach for a youth audience and better understanding the SME audience.
Eurostar’s central client team are based throughout their London and Paris offices, whilst Wavemaker’s central team will be based in London.
You will be part of a big and supportive multi-market team who want to go above and beyond for the client. We want to encourage team members to excel beyond the day-to-day, creating objectives which align to their passions.
Sounds great right? Well there’s more… Not only will you have one of the best offices in London, with a fantastic Social and vibrant atmosphere – You also have a subsidized canteen, restaurant, no less than three bars and a beautiful roof terrace for Summer team drinks.
About the role:
The successful candidate will be responsible for day to day client management, leading the response to briefs, planning, activation, and reporting for the UK, US, FR, NE, BE and ROW markets. It is important that this person is comfortable to lead in client meetings and can build solid relationships with the clients as well as the team and Wavemaker colleagues.
As the industry leaders in our space, you will gain exposure to large-scale data partnerships and market-leading measurement opportunities.
The Display Director will be supported by a very capable Account Manager and Executive - and will share responsibility for their ongoing personal development.
Not only this, but the Display Director will report directly into a Precision Lead. This person will help set clear objectives, and train the individual to help them achieve these, as well as develop their skill set.
This Display Manager will also work closely broader channel directors and the Precision Lead to build out the precision audit on an annual basis.
What are some attributes that would be suited for this role?
- Keen interest in programmatic and data planning
- Strong interest in brand display partnerships
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Team player
- A desire to learn
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Be point of contact for all display and programmatic planning and queries.
- Lead the client in their understanding of optimal display planning principles and methods.
- Help to collectively develop an integrated media planning solution - working with wider comms planning and activation teams at Wavemaker
- Develop and demonstrate an understanding of the client industry sector, the competitors within that sector and the general industry environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the media and technology developments that influence our client’s business.
- Understand and proactively manage short, medium- and long-term business objectives.
- Deliver excellence in client service – including:
- Quality control over all work produced, including that of indirect reports.
- Set up and ensure attendance for all status meetings, reviews and general client meetings.
- Ensure all client requests are met and surpassed and manage client expectation effectively.
- Respond to all client briefs and requests in a timely, professional and efficient manner.
- Use Wavemaker tools to drive forward new channel suggestions and performance orientated recommendations.
- Demonstrate an enterprising and pro-active attitude to all client dealings.
- Help to further client understanding of display media planning and implementation
- Responsible for the effective management of finance processes including:
- Ensuring all bookings are added on the system correctly, and on time.
- Reconciliations are completed on time.
- SOX compliance.
- Swift resolution of queries.
- Responsible for weekly commentary on performance across all clients – to be delivered directly to clients.
- Lead and line manage your manager and executive, feeding in to the Precision Lead.
- Responsible for the training and development of your team, feeding progress in to the Precision lead.
- Accountable for the workflow and quality of work of your team, ensuring that they deliver work on time and to a high standard that is aligned to your client’s digital media strategy
- Ensure you and your executive always has the correct qualifications
- Review & provide feedback and set objectives for your team every 4 weeks
- Promote the Wavemaker planning products and participate in internal training, projects and new business.
- Understand the function and value of the other departments within Wavemaker and its partners.
- Develop productive relationships with key internal departments and help develop new revenue opportunities through matching client needs to resource and facilitate introductions.
- Responsible for keeping Precision Lead up to date with client issues, opportunities and team developments.
- Actively seek creative and innovative media solutions in collaboration with other Wavemaker teams.
- Attend all display monthly meetings, actively seek to participate in these sessions.
- Promote Wavemaker and its ambitions to external stakeholders (clients, key partners).
- Drive education and use of Wavemaker tools and services.
- Develop strong relationships with relevant media owners and other service providers at an appropriate level.
- Develop relationship with necessary external agencies on relevant client businesses to ensure integrated approach – e.g. Engine (Creative)
- Work closely with the Precision Lead to develop commercial relations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Client leadership skills.
- Advanced excel skills.
- Ability to work closely with Internal programmatic trading team, to brief, plan and execute brand campaigns – with an in-depth knowledge of the brand landscape.
- Ability to develop and execute comprehensive testing roadmap in the display space – audience, media, creative
- High level of numeracy.
- Good understanding of:
- Best in class planning principles and methods
- Analytical methods and tools
- Media research tools and techniques
- DSP’s and their USP’s
- Workflow management and prioritisation.
- People management.
- Sound financial awareness, including processes and budget control.
We are an equal opportunities employer
All GroupM agencies are equal opportunities employers and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, gender identity, disability, culture/religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.