Job Title: Precision Director (PPC + Social and/or display)
Reporting to: Precision Lead
Key reports: x3 Precision Managers, x3 Precision Execs
We are looking for someone with substantial hands on PPC platform experience to join Wavemaker as a Precision Director to work on the MINI digital account. The ideal candidate would have this, and some paid social or display experience.
Outside of PPC you will be responsible for paid social and display, but at a lower level of spend than PPC.
You will be responsible for translating digital strategy into action plans to deliver best in market, data driven and effective integrated digital media campaigns. Your role will be to work closely with the Precision Managers/Execs to ensure the team is focused on the outcomes and that there is gold standard campaign set-up and optimisation.
• Key day-to-day and first point of contact for clients of equivalent level regarding digital media campaigns, whether activity is in planning, live or post campaign.
• The conduit between those clients Precision Managers/Execs.
Strategy & Planning:
• Responsible for taking the brief and working with your team to create media plans and rationale documents that deliver on clients’ objectives
• Create measurable forecasts and projections and actively challenge legacy measurement techniques
• Ensure that the appropriate technology and data is available to track performance against core KPI’s
• Ensure the digital channel approaches follow best practice set out by Platform Leads (PPC, Social, Display, Partnerships), are in line with overall strategy and are deliverable and commercially viable
• Present cross channel digital plans to clients and lead digital reporting calls
• Manage feedback and amends along with wider planning teams
• Work with the Precision Lead, your team, media partners and the client to create at least two pieces of ‘award winning’ work each quarter
Campaign Management & Performance
• Quality control the PPC, Display and Social outputs from your team on a week by week basis
• Agree reporting schedule and templates with clients and internal teams in advance of a campaign launching. Ensure schedule is adhered to throughout the campaign lifecycle
• Work with your team to deliver end of campaign report with analysis that covers all digital media channels, optimisation recommendations and next steps
• Track and reconcile spend across all digital media channels
• Work with your teams to ensure every account has a clear 30/60/90 optimisation schedule which delivers against the target objectives
• Ensure specialists are focused on delivering against the target KPI’s and are therefore spending the majority of their time on optimisation and account set-up.
• Chair weekly meetings to review client performance against targets and to review 30/60/90 day optimisation plans.
• Ensure team members are conducting daily visibility and budget checks and tracking actions for monthly and quarterly reviews.
• Ensure paid social & display accounts pass quarterly audit scores.
• Responsible for ensuring your team complete digital reconciliation & SOX compliance for all campaigns in line with agency process
• Deliver campaigns that meet digital PRF requirements outlined in client contracts
• Work with the Precision Lead to deliver audit requirements where relevant
• Plan campaigns within trading and investment guidelines set by the Precision Lead and the Commercial team
• Lead and line manage your team ensuring they deliver work on time and to a high standard that is aligned to the clients’ digital media strategy
• Responsible for development of your Precision AMs/Execs within the team, with support from PPC, Social and Display Platform Leads
• Identify specialist training and develop needs of your team and work with the Platform Leads to facilitate
• Escalate any incidents (positive & negative) with your team to your Precision Lead/Precision Partner
• Ensure all members of the team are adequately qualified: Facebook Blueprint, Twitter Flight School and other media platforms in line with training opportunities
Innovation & Collaboration
• Work with Platform leads and media owners to identify new products and features our clients should be testing
• Aim to get key clients in your group onto at least 3 beta tests in a year
• Produce case studies with proprietary products, eg. Xaxis and preferred media partners
• Work with your team and Platform Leads to produce case studies each quarter which will be shared with clients or that Wavemaker can publish within trade press.
• Develop strong relationships with relevant media owners within PPC, Display and Social Platforms
• Regularly review account performance with media owners – ideally once a month, along with a quarterly business review.
Technical Skills & Experience
• A solid background in digital media is essential, with extensive activation experience of PPC and at at least one of display and paid social
• Facebook Blueprint, Twitter Flight School qualified a plus
• Extensive knowledge of and experience of using Google Marketing Platform (SA360, GA360, DV360, CM)
• Experience of using Metis/Prisma (not essential), and strong working knowledge of eTelmar, Addynamix & Comscore
• Proficient use of social technology, Facebook Business Manager, Snapchat, Google Ads (YouTube) self-serve etc.
• Knowledge of social and display auditing, programmatic & IO buying.
• Strong presentation skills and a high level of articulation are required
• Expert Excel knowledge. Advanced Excel training completed. Must know how to use Vlookups, Pivot Tables, and web queries.
• Experience with using analytics packages such as Google Analytics, Adobe, etc.
• Relevant / transferable client leadership experience
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.