Overview of job
We’re looking for an Account Manager who will be responsible for the delivery in innovative and integrated campaigns from briefing through to post campaign analysis. As an Account Manager you will be responsible for managing the output of external and internal resources utilised in this delivery.
3 best things about the job:
The Role You will be responsible for delivering and analysing campaigns, directly managing client relationships and also developing talent within the agency
The Team We have a great company culture and look after our people. We have a great team culture, with a dedication to collaborative working, development and knowledge sharing. We offer wellness funds, offsite parties, summer hours, breakfast, snacks, fresh fruit and lots of bespoke company discounts on a wide range of brands.
The Clients are varied in terms of both sector and spend levels, therefore, giving you a breadth of experience and learning opportunities across all media channels. They are based across Scotland, London and internationally.
Measures of success:
In three months, you will have:
- Onboarded fully on to your accounts and met all the key stakeholders
- Have a full understanding of MediaCom Edinburgh’s values and be actively applying them across all that you do
- Built strong relationships within the agency
- Lead a campaign brief (or two)
In six months, you will have:
- Established yourself an in integral member of the team and wider MediaCom Edinburgh team
- Build strong relationships with key clients and become their go to person for day to day requests
- Run client WIPs / Status calls
- Be looking for opportunities to drive client growth
- Run KPI sessions with your direct report(s) and have taken responsibility for their progression
- Gained a knowledge of the wider categories your clients sit within and be able to talk confidently with clients about their category
In 12 months, you would have:
- Taken responsibility delivering exceptional work that we would look to enter at a future industry awards
- Gained great feedback from clients (SLA) and colleagues (360 appraisal)
- Helped clients and direct reports to deliver their KPIs
Responsibilities of the role:
An Account Manager should:
- Plan and buy media across a range of channels including and not limited to Digital, Press, Radio & OOH
- Manage the output of specialist teams/planners to ensure the delivery of excellent work for your clients
- Deliver insight around target audience and market trends
- Making sure all billing is timely and accurate
- Support more junior members of the team such as the planner buyers and trainees in their development
- Deliver findings, reports with optimisation recommendations to your team/clients
- Support your account director in their roles on the account
- Work with your account director to develop buying strategies and to ensure best value is delivered for clients
- Be able to provide regular campaign updates to senior management and clients.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of industry media planning tools
- Demonstrate natural curiosity and challenge briefs and planning when required.
- A desire to deliver award winning work and industry leading innovation.
What you will need:
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills
- In depth knowledge of all media channels and planning systems
- Good numerical and administrative ability
- The ability to analyse and optimise performance in the context of business success
- Persuasive presentation skills, particularly in front of clients
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- The ability to delegate and achieve success through others
- A positive, proactive and hardworking attitude
- To be an excellent multi tasker and the ability to prioritise and show that you have some understanding of the distinction between ‘urgent’ and ‘important’
- To be courage, act with integratory and deal with trouble
- The ability to give and take feedback
Visa sponsorship is not provided for this vacancy. We can only accept applications from candidates who are eligible to work in the UK without restrictions.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.