SEO Project Planner
SEO Project Planner
Department / Team
MediaCom Beyond Advertising
Head of SEO/SEO Manager
Overview of job
MediaCom requires a strategically minded SEO Project Planner with passion to deliver great results for clients. You will join our award winning and rapidly growing international SEO team, and support the SEO Account Manager in the day-to-day running of their SEO campaigns. This will be working on and coordinating international projects across multiple markets with both your in-house SEO colleagues and MediaCom SEO colleagues around the world.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is knowledgeable and confident, detail-orientated, well organised, able to create efficient processes and communicator well who is ready to take more ownership and progress their SEO career. Languages French or German, project management in a digital SEO context, and familiarity with media agency booking and billings systems would be beneficial.
Not only will the successful candidate be working on SEO campaigns for some of the largest global brands and advertisers in the world, they’ll be developing their marketing knowledge thanks to the close integration between MediaCom’s SEO team with other specialist departments within the company.
By recognising that our staff are our single most important asset, we strive to create an exciting and challenging environment for them to work in. We believe that our people are what makes MediaCom such a success and are our greatest asset. As such, we invest heavily in staff training to ensure we are employing the very best in the industry and that they are constantly motivated and stimulated.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Director of SEO and SEO Manager.
3 best things about the job:
- Adventurous and pioneering clients who want to succeed in search.
- The team - both the immediate core team and the wider departments we work with are fantastic. It’s great to be able to tap into the wealth of knowledge and experience here at MediaCom across all departments.
- Outstanding personal development, training and learning opportunities, such as online learning, incredible guest speakers and dedicated Google days hosted at our offices.
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Strengthened your SEO and project management skills, identifying and filling in gaps in your learning
- Ensured delivery of consistently high quality work
- Built strong relationships with your clients and peers, starting to lead day to day communications
In six months, you would have:
- Demonstrated confidence feeding into your projects’ SEO strategies
- Be a capable user of all key SEO tools and financial systems
In 12 months, you would have:
- Become the trusted “go-to” person for the clients and internal teams with regards to their SEO projects and financial processes
Responsibilities of the role:
- Project Management of key accounts, including managing internal and external stakeholders, keeping project trackers and roadmaps up to date and providing status and performance updates when requested
- Project tracking, monitoring and reporting using Excel, Basecamp, JIRA, Slack as required
- Client communication and scheduling around project timelines
- Client setup on finance and internal systems
- Support the SEO Account Manager and colleagues in the delivery of their projects tasks
- keyword research
- on-page optimisation advice
- technical audits
- competitor analysis
- link management activities
- Coordinating Content & Outreach strategy and delivery of campaigns with the performance content team
- Oversee the performance of your SEO campaigns and ensure that activity is delivered to schedule and key insights are incorporated into future activity (monitor and report KPIs and technical issues across all clients websites)
What you will need:
- Proven client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent project management and problem-solving skills
- High standard of written and spoken English
- Second language highly appreciated but not essential (French, German or other)
- At least 2 years SEO and project management experience, preferably Agency-side
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to juggle a number of tasks at once and consistently to deliver high-quality work to timescale
- A high degree of numeracy and literacy are essential (analytical thinking)
- Finance, billing and invoicing experience
- Ability to identify out-of-scope opportunities and raise to the appropriate internal stakeholders
- Ability to pre-empt problems and be pro-active in producing solutions
Essential personal qualities:
- A real team player
- Ability to take responsibility for own work; to make sure that others deliver in support of you if required
- Self-esteem, confidence and strength of character
- Flexibility - willingness to pick up tasks for others
- Quick to learn, and keen to develop
- Attention to detail
- Highly organised
- Ability to fit into the character of the company whilst still bringing individuality
- A diplomatic, collaborative and positive approach to working life
MediaCom have one of the most innovative, passionate and successful digital performance teams in the UK, providing clients with best-in-class digital services across Paid Search, SEO, Data, Programmatic Display, Paid Social and other performance media.
As The Content + Connections Agency, we believe everything is connected. At MediaCom, our unique approach to planning and buying across Paid, Owned and Earned media optimises our clients’ entire system, not just individual channel silos. ‘Content’ is any form of consumer messaging that connects brands to their consumers, while ‘Connections’ ensures no dead ends or wastage through disconnected content.
We look beyond our own expertise and assess the bigger picture: How do we all play a role within our clients’ broader communications system? Through our uniquely connected eco-system of diverse communications experts working we achieve this - interpreting the bigger picture and fuelling future business success. To learn more, visit us at www.mediacom.com
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.