As Mediacom Senior Econometrician you will support you Manager/AD in the day to day running of the technical aspects of econometric projects for key clients.
You will be responsible for working across all areas of an analytics project; playing a large part in the project design and setup, managing data collection as well as beginning to take the lead in client analysis and reporting.
About Business Science
As the Senior Econometrician you will sit within our Business Science team. Business Science was set up over twenty year ago; A specialist analytics team which is part of the Growth Intelligence Unit within MediaCom. Business Science ensures MediaCom delivers meaningful outcomes for our clients by measuring what matters and hard-wiring insights back into the planning and buying processes to drive business results.
The Worldwide team acts as a catalyst for many of our global clients ensuring best practice across a range of disciplines such as: budgeting, KPI & measurement frameworks, results' management and reporting outcomes. We often conduct measurement studies; bringing in other teams as appropriate.
The role of the Senior Econometrician involves:
• Supporting Manager in day to day running of technical aspects of own projects. Responsible for data processing on own projects. Begin to take the lead in client analysis and modelling work.
• Ensuring our analytics are fully integrated across the entire client team in the agency.
• Coaching and developing junior team member(s), where applicable, so they maximise their potential at MediaCom
• Being a key day to day contact with clients
The skillsets & characteristics you will require:
• Econometric Modelling (Market Mix Modelling experience would be advantageous)
• Degree or equivolent in Economics, Maths, Stats or other analytical subject
• Media and Marketing knowledge
• Good knowledge of typical tools and techniques used in marketing analytics
• Advanced MS Office
• Advanced Eviews or other statistical software package
• Good knowledge of programming language (preferential)
• Strong presentation skills
• Ability to prioritise
• Strong commercial acumen when understanding clients business’
• Ability to convert analysis into real world actionable solutions
• Keen attention to detail, a questioning mindset
• Calm under pressure and able to juggle multiple projects/clients
MediaCom develops fully-connected communications systems, fueled by the best, most engaging content. Our objective is to help clients meet their business objectives, and we are experts at optimizing exactly the right mix of traditional and digital media, along with creating content, on the channels that consumers use most.
MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings exceeding US$33 billion (Source: RECMA 2015). We employ 7,500 people in 125 offices across 100 countries around the globe, and service exceptional clients. We are a member of WPP, the largest marketing communications services group in the world.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here:
www.mediacom.co.uk and http://www.mediacom.com/
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.