Product Operations Executive
GroupM is the leading global media investment management operation. It serves as the parent company to WPP media agencies Wavemaker, MediaCom, MindShare, Essence and MSix.
Its primary purpose is to maximise the performance of WPP’s media communications agencies on behalf of our clients, our shareholders and our people by operating as a parent and collaborator in performance-enhancing activities such as trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, proprietary tool development and other business-critical capabilities. The agencies that comprise GroupM are all global operations in their own right with leading market positions.
The focus of GroupM is the intelligent application of physical and intellectual scale to benefit trading, innovation, and new communication services, to bring unfair competitive advantage to our clients and our companies.
About the Team
GroupM provides products and services to the GroupM agencies. These range from technology solutions through to training programmes. Conceptually the GroupM team exists to facilitate efficiencies in the Agencies themselves and provide thought leadership to them.
The Media Team is one of the core units in GroupM with a primary focus on the digital space. Teams within this department drive strategies, technology innovation, efficiency and new revenue across the digital environment working closely with the different Agency teams. The core aim is to allow agencies to have their individual USPs whilst using the size and buying power of the combined group to drive more cost-effective and better managed deals.
The Media Team is an extension of trading. It services the media needs of trading companies like Xaxis, Amobee, Finecast and Programmatic Services. This group use the size and reach of the trading desks buys to negotiate the best terms with all media partners (publishers) to drive media strategy for each unit (and the advertisers they service). This is across video, display, native, and includes executional practice via programmatic guaranteed.
The Role Objective
The role will sit within the GroupM Media Video team providing product, data and tech operational support to our direct broadcaster and digital publisher relationships.
Internally, the Product Operations Executive will work closely with the rest of the Video Operations team, Commercial Operations and Finecast. Externally, this role will liaise with Group M’s digital publisher and broadcast partners, The Addressable Platform, as well as tech partners as needed.
The ideal candidate will have had exposure to working within digital broadcasting and/or digital video within the programmatic space.
The individual will have an understanding of the market and ecosystem in which GroupM Video operates.
- Develop expertise across GroupM programmatic technology partners including, but not limited to, Amobee, Finecast and Freewheel.
- Support the delivery and day to day management of video integrations with digital publisher and broadcast partners Monitor daily reporting from a number of different sources and data partners to proactively identify any potential technical issues
- Provide front line troubleshooting of technical integrations with publishers across new and existing pre-roll video integrations
- Own the day-to-day relationship with the digital publisher partners from an Operations perspective
- Work alongside the Product Operations Manager on integrating new media partners and data provider partners
- Operational setup of publishers within GroupM Video’s technical platforms
- Collaborate with the Video Investment team on understanding and actioning inventory changes
- Provide cross team, technical support to internal sales, product, account management and analytics teams
- In conjunction with the Product Operations Manager and Head of Video Operations facilitate knowledge sharing, training, best practice and process across the wider Video Team and Finecast Operations, Client Services and Engagement teams as required
- Effectively report upwards to the Product Operations Manager, Head of Video Operations and key stakeholders within the company as appropriate
Experience, Skills and Behaviours Required
- Experience with digital video and an understanding of the video ecosystem
- 1yr+ experience in video operations or a related role
- Some understanding and experience of video SSPs, DSPs, adservers and the wider programmatic landscape
- Familiarity with IAB video standards (particularly VAST, VPAID)
- Technical ad tag troubleshooting experience and knowledge of the tools utilised for this
- Highly numerate
- Competent Excel skills
- Good communication skills
- Enthusiastic outlook and approach
- An interest in the changing digital media and broadcast landscapes
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.