Digital Operations Partner
Job Title: Digital Operations Partner
Reporting to: Head of Operations
Location: Wavemaker Client Solutions, London
Wavemaker is a billion-dollar revenue agency that sits at the heart of GroupM and WPP. Our ambition is to be the most distinctive and admired media, content and technology agency in the world.
Wavemaker is a global network that operates locally in over 90 countries and 139 offices. We are aligned behind our purchase journey obsession, and we help our clients translate audience behaviours and insights in to smart decisions for today and tomorrow. Our commitment to our clients it to be the “Future Makers’. We demonstrate this in how we think, how we work and our relationship to technology and content to better serve their needs. We are leading the way in re-inventing the role of a media agency in the digital age, embracing media planning and buying, but fit for the modern marketing requirements of seamlessly connecting media, content and technology.
To do this, we attract experts from diverse backgrounds that can share in our vision for the future.
We believe in the essential relationship between the vitality of our 8,500 people and our commercial success. This can best be encapsulated in the values we uphold, and the way in which we demonstrate our commitment to them. We are Passionate, Agile, Collaborative, Entrepreneurial and Diverse (PACED)
With PACED as our backdrop, we require our people to be self-starters, with high standards. We know that ‘great teams still have star players’, and we expect everyone to bring their own uniqueness to the party and contribute their value with their own flair. We do not tolerate exclusion of team members and their ideas. We are here to make waves with our clients, and we can only do that as a collective.
- As businesses continue to be impacted by the fast-evolving changes of digitisation, we have an increasingly important role to play in helping deliver the right technology solutions for our clients
- The role of Digital Operations Partner involves consulting with clients on their overall data & tech strategy as well as overseeing the execution of all ad ops related activities
- This involves leading and managing the outputs of the Ad Ops team as well as collaborating with stakeholders from across the business to develop the most effective solutions, including D&T, programmatic, analytics and activation specialists
- Understand the challenges and opportunities for technology in the context of our client growth plans and work with client leads and other specialists to help deliver competitive advantage
- Maintain a high performing culture within the team to ensure that all trafficking, tagging and ad operations deliverables are met or exceeded wherever possible
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with other technology counterparts within the network to build and deliver the most effective service models for global clients
- Act as a subject matter expert on Adtech and Martech solutions and help to train and educate clients and teams internally on the changing developments in the space
- Actively drive collaboration between Ad ops and other areas of activation to deliver the most effective solutions including Data & Tech, Programmatic, Analytics, SEO & Biddable
- Maintain commercial awareness of client scopes and manage resources effectively to ensure client needs are serviced and work is distributed fairly across the team
- Act as a positive mentor for the digital operations team, actively promoting and sharing work with the broader community and ensuring team and individual goals are set and managed
- Build strong relationships with key clients and act as a trusted advisor on all tech related issues
- Lead partner relationships with tech vendors to ensure the team are up to date with the latest technologies and are serviced to a high level
- Take an active role in new business as required to help lead responses centred around technology
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of successfully leading an Ops team within a media agency, publisher or technology company. They will have a clear passion for data and technology and be able to demonstrate how they have developed effective solutions for clients and managed their delivery within the team. They will ideally have led Global technology projects across multiple markets and be used to navigating the nuances of local markets and stakeholders. They relish the opportunity to lead and inspire a large team and instil a work ethic that encourages positivity and collaboration across the business.
- Google Campaign Manager/ Sizmek/ FlashTalking/ Adform ad serving and / or related ad serving tools experience
- Experience of Google 360 and Adobe Enterprise stack solutions
- Experience of all major tag management solutions
- Experience of all major viewability/verification vendors and technologies
- Understanding of relevant Martech vendors and integrations e.g. PPC, social platforms, DSP’s
- Expertise in Dynamic Content Optimisation
- Excellent Excel, project management and presentation skills
- Broad understanding of the day to day role of other specialist teams within the agency including client and network management, strategy, activation, content, Ecommerce, insights and analytics
- Passionate – brings a genuine thrill and excitement to the role
- Agile – can be nimble in thought and action and overcome obstacles to achieve great things
- Collaborative – works well with others, and can align behind a shared purpose
- Entrepreneurial – is open to new ideas and will challenge old ones
- Diverse – is proud of the difference they can bring
GroupM is the leading global media investment management company for WPP’s media agencies including Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence and m/SIX, and the outcomes-driven programmatic audience company, Xaxis. Responsible for more than US $108B in annual media investment by some of the world’s largest advertisers, GroupM agencies deliver an advantage to clients with unrivaled insights into media marketplaces and consumer audiences. GroupM enables its agencies and clients with trading expertise, data, technology and an array of specialty services including addressable TV, content and sports. GroupM works closely with WPP’s data investment management group, Kantar, and together they account for almost 50% of WPP’s group revenues of more than US $19B. GroupM delivers unrivaled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people.
Discover more about GroupM at www.groupm.com.
Follow @GroupMWorldwide on Twitter
Follow GroupM on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/groupm
Wavemaker, SEA CONTAINERS, 18 UPPER GROUND, london, se1 9ET, united kingdom
Phone: -+44 (0)207 803 2000 www.wavemakerglobal.com A GroupM Company
Registered Office: Wavemaker Global Limited, Sea Containers, 18 Upper Ground, London SE1 9ET
Registered in England No. 4078556 VAT Reg. No. 512 5421 86
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.