Business Director, Business Analyst
Business Director Business Analyst
Position: Business Director – Business Analyst
Group: Mindshare Worldwide
Reporting to Partner, Business Systems Consulting
Ours is the story of the eternal upstart and change is in our DNA. We were born with the ambition to change the world through media. Raised in Asia, we are now the world’s most geographically balanced global network spanning US, Latin America, Europe, and Asia. Mindshare’s birth in 1997 shifted the focus from media as a pure commodity to media as a change agent.
Our ambition was to go beyond the traditional media descriptors of “Optimise, Capitalise, Maximise.” We will not be defined by the formulaic definitions of media. Mindshare’s story is about teamwork. It’s why we called ourselves Mindshare in the first place! We were designed to be a global network, balanced in every region, with clients benefitting from both global and local insights. Today 75% of our business is global and our global network and integrated approach is our strength.
We are a global media agency network with billings in excess of US$31.4 billion (source: RECMA) and our network consists of more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries. Mindshare is part of GroupM, which oversees the media investment management sector for WPP, the world’s leading communications services group.
We are looking for someone to help champion digital measurement and reporting within Mindshare Worldwide. Someone with experience in, and passion for, data, measurement and reporting who wants to work with some of the biggest brands in the world, such as Booking.com, Rolex, Dyson and Unilever.
The role is consultancy focussed, but requires a solid understanding of the practical realities of what it takes to measure the right thing.
The measurement and reporting team currently comprises three directors and one manager. We are in the process of hiring an additional exec. We are part of the larger Data & Technology team, a group of 44 people with expertise in visualisation, back end development, front end development and analytics.
The role is made up of two distinct but related skill sets –
Working with clients and internal teams, both in London and in offices around the world, to champion robust measurement and reporting.
- Champion foundation measurement at scale. Experience in more advanced analytics such as attribution modelling or data science is not required, though an appreciation of their value and the role they play in measurement is.
- Be able to work with clients and client teams to build measurement frameworks that can work across brands, categories and countries.
- Guide teams and clients to think about what’s important when it comes to campaign measurement and understand what is practical to deploy.
- You need to be an expert in third party measurement solutions digital measurement such as Nielsen DAR or Kantar Brand Lift.
- You need to know the difference between a KPI and a metric.
- You need to understand the difference between a benchmark and a target, and the value of both.
Work with Mindshare’s Data and BI teams to gather requirements, design and implement central product and client specific data management and interactive reporting solutions.
- Understand the process of acquiring, cleansing and transforming data into the various client marketing spend and performance data reports.
- Help clients to organise and align data across platforms, brands, categories and countries so that reporting can be scaled, and measures can be aggregated and compared.
- Provide the best practices and guidelines for managing data of different levels of complexity.
- Provide hands-on support for all data related activities within the BI Team.
Experience and Knowledge:
- Familiar with digital measurement and research, ideally across different countries. Experience with other, non digital media, particularly TV is a bonus.
- Use and able to navigate digital buying platforms, for example, Campaign Manager, Sizmek, Facebook Business Manager, DV360 etc.
- An analytical mindset, able to approach issues and challenges from a variety of angles
- Highly numerate, with strong mathematical acumen
- Attention to detail
- Tenacious with a desire to dig until you find the answer
- Understanding of data analysis techniques and how they can be applied in the marketing context
- Experience in data interpretation
- Self-starter and motivator with the ability to work in an autonomous fast paced environment
- The ability to quickly learn and understand new business environments
- The ability to achieve high quality results by paying attention to detail
- The ability to influence groups of people to gain consensus
▪ Experience in working with a range of visualisation solutions such as Tableau, Microsoft BI, Google Data Studio.
Attitudes we want:
You should cover most or all of these elements, spiritually, if not in experience
You should be:
▪ Confident amongst clients, leaders within Mindshare and peers.
▪ You need to be develop robust opinions and ideas and express them clearly and concisely.
▪ Able to engage and forge relationships with a wide variety of different stakeholders within Mindshare to both collect knowledge, but also champion the measurement cause.
▪ Able to work well as part of a team – you understand that one person can’t do or know everything and so you are willing to explore alternative routes, even if they are outside your comfort zone.
▪ A confident presenter. We are often bringing clients and client teams on an unknown journey, so it’s important to be able to sell the vision in a compelling way.
▪ Able to think critically and with curiosity about information sources - about why things might not be as they seem – and unwilling to just want to take things on trust. For instance, understanding that a social listening tool that says most of the conversations were on Twitter may be biased because Facebook is harder to scrape.
▪ Able to communicate ideas well, both verbally and written. This would encompass presentation skills, but also the ability to explain complex statistical procedures or conclusions in a 1-to-1 setting.
▪ Cultural sensitivity about different world cultures and the ability to think globally.
▪ Bring energy and passion to a very proactive and willing to help team.
▪ Ability to switch between projects and categories to support the teams.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.