GroupM is the leading global media investment management operation serving as the parent company to WPP media agencies including Mindshare, Wavemaker, MediaCom and m/SIX, each global operations in their own right with leading market positions. GroupM’s primary purpose is to maximize performance of WPP’s media agencies by operating as leader and collaborator in trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, proprietary tool development and other business-critical capabilities. GroupM’s focus is to deliver unrivalled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people. Discover more about GroupM at www.groupm.com.
About the team
This is a role in the finance team of GroupM UK reporting into the Head of FP&A. The role will work closely with the Agencies Commercial teams and the GroupM Reporting team. You will be managing a team of 2 direct reports
The Role Objective
The primary objective of the is to support the Head of FP&A create an efficient and effective FP&A functionality. In a newly formed team, the aim is to improve the forecasting and budgeting process for WPP, and develop a mechanism to provide key management information for GroupM’s senior management as well as the Management of the agencies/operating units that make up GroupM UK, in a timely manner.
Your key responsibilities are:
- To provide continuous improvement in the Group’s budgeting and forecasting process, by standardizing the process across all agencies
- Create and build a monthly and quarterly management pack by identifying key metrics to analyse and assess results and performance, that allow senior management with strategic decision making
- Create financial models which analyse current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales and operating expenditure
- Help drive the commercial agenda, provide input, develop models and support decisions on commercial viability of proposals and new business opportunities
- Provide invaluable insight into the cost profile and assist in identifying areas where cost control can be improved
- Liaison across all internal and external audits for trading income
- Coach, guide and mentor the FP&A team to support their ongoing development and progression as skilled financial professionals
- Continuously develop financial oversight over trading income models and ensure the controls around this are maintained
- Prepare and deliver presentations to Senior Management team across the agencies and GroupM
- Work collaboratively and analytically with senior members of the Financial Reporting team, Commercial teams of the agencies, senior management and GroupM EMEA
- Undertake ad-hoc reporting and analysis
- Fully qualified accountant or equivalent (e.g. CIMA, ACA, ACCA)
- Ability to interpret and manipulate data in a logical manner
- Ability to concisely and clearly present information to financial and non-financial people
- Workflow management ie. effective organisational and time management skills and ability to plan and prioritise
- Previous knowledge of Cartesis
- Proficient user of Excel
- Previous experience with creating dashboards
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.