Junior Production Manager - 12 months FTC
Job Title:Junior Production Manager
Reporting to:Production Executives
Location: The Crane Building, 22 Lavington Street, London, SE1 0NZ
Motion Content Group is a global content investment and rights management company which meets the market demand for new economic models for premium content across the entertainment and media marketplace. This is achieved by investing and partnering with the world’s leading talent, producers, and distributors to fund, develop, produce and distribute premium content to help drive and support editorially and commercially vibrant, premium content networks & platforms for the global benefit of our content partners and advertisers. Headquartered in London and Los Angeles, the business currently operates in 29 countries worldwide with Motion’s broad range of award winning programming distributed globally. Motion Content Group is part of GroupM, the world’s leading full-service media investment management operation, a WPP company.
Reporting to two Production Executives, this role provides support to, and is an integral part of the Production team.
- Assisting the PEs in the day to day running of television productions and developments
- Tracking day to day production workflows
- Ensuring processes are documented and streamlined efficiently and are kept up to date
- Identifying and escalating any production risks that arise to PEs
- Assisting the PEs in performing due diligence for potential investments and ensuring that operations are compliant with Motion’s requirements
- Be responsible for an allocated programme slate, reporting back regularly to PEs
- Regularly liaising with co production partners, attending external meetings when required
- Working across ad hoc projects across a variety of genres, as appropriate
- Developing an understanding of our delivery systems to support our existing team when necessary
This is a key role in a dynamic organisation, requiring strong organizational skills, absolute attention to detail and self-motivation.
It is a position which will develop and grow with the growth of the business and requires adaptability and pro-activity.
Training will be encouraged, to build expertise and effectiveness and would suit someone who is keen to learn about the business side of the industry. From time to time some out of hours work will be required.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
You will have:
- At least 5 years’ experience working in a television environment, with a thorough understanding of all aspects of production and be able to work across a range of genres
- Be a confident communicator with the ability to forge strong working relationships
- An understanding of legal and commercial sensitivities across programming
- excellent organisational skills, accuracy and attention to detail and the ability to effectively prioritise and respond accordingly
- a willingness and an ability to collaborate with the wider team but also the ability to work proactively and independently;
- the ability to quickly pick up new systems and processes;
- excellent IT skills and knowledge including at least intermediate Excel skills;
- an enthusiast with a can-do attitude;
- a calm and rigorous approach to problem solving.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.