GroupM is the leading global media investment management operation serving as the parent company to WPP media agencies including Mindshare, MediaCom and Wavemaker, each global operation in their own right with leading market positions.
GroupM’s primary purpose is to maximize performance of WPP’s media agencies by operating as leader and collaborator in trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, proprietary tool development and other business-critical capabilities.
GroupM’s focus is to deliver unrivalled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people. Discover more about GroupM at www.groupm.com.
A regional centre of excellence is being established to build and maintain best practices in media operations and to support the markets in delivering transformation consistently across business and technology.
The centre of excellence will be made up of programme management, change management, process ownership, business analysis and solution ownership.
The roles are spread across the region and markets forming a programme that works as one team to meet common objectives.
- Reports into the Global Media Application Director.
- Overall responsibility for product roadmaps across the approved list of applications for media finance and core finance.
- Partner with regional and market process consultants to drive requirements standardisation, simplification and improvement.
- Partner with application vendors to convert business requirements into optimal technical solutions.
- Align plans and technical integrations with global application initiatives.
- Partner with regional process owners to prioritise requirements based on business needs, resources and budget.
- Oversee release plans of product development for media finance and core finance.
- Maintain the roster of vendors on the approved application list, supporting the RFP process and monitoring media technology marketplace.
- Provide subject matter expertise, industry insight and thought leadership.
- Ensure systems are compliant with any relevant GroupM / WPP policy.
- Proactively perform quality reviews to monitor risks.
- Partner with and support the market’s technology equivalent role.
|Essential experience required|
- 8+ years product ownership and business analysis experience, with a track record of continuous improvement and transformation.
- Experience in designing and deploying common solutions that support multiple markets with minimal local variance.
- Experience in core finance industry is essential.
- Expert in delivering solutions to support core finance processes including client/vendor contracts, accounts receivable, accounts payable, general accounting, fixed assets, treasury.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics Business Central and/or Workday solutions is highly desirable.
- Experience in advertising and media industry is desirable.
- Exposure to solutions that support media bill, pay, campaign close and reporting processes for all media types (digital and traditional).
- Knowledge of both agile and traditional project management principles and practices with the ability to combine appropriately for product needs.
- Strong stakeholder management skills with demonstrated ability to deal with different nationalities, cultural background and conventions in EMEA.
- Strong vendor management and contract management skills.
- Customer and Quality orientation.
- Ability to work independently and systematically.
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Certification in Agile and/or Design Thinking is desirable.
- Fluent in English.