Mindshare Worldwide, London
Ours is the story of the eternal upstart and change is in our DNA. We were born with the ambition to change the world through media. Raised in Asia, we are now the world’s most geographically balanced global network spanning US, Latin America, Europe and Asia. Mindshare’s birth in 1997 shifted the focus from media as a pure commodity to media as a change agent. Our ambition was to go beyond the traditional media descriptors of “Optimise, Capitalise, Maximise.”
We will not be defined by the formulaic definitions of media. Mindshare’s story is about teamwork. It’s why we called ourselves Mindshare in the first place! We were designed to be a global network, balanced in every region, with clients benefitting from both global and local insights. Today 75% of our business is global and our global network and integrated approach is our strength.
We are a global media agency network with billings in excess of US$31.4 billion (source: RECMA) and our network consists of more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries. Mindshare is part of GroupM, which oversees the media investment management sector for WPP, the world’s leading communications services group.
We currently are looking for a Data Engineer to join the Worldwide Technology group within Mindshare’s global HQ in London. The role includes data analysis, modelling, development, ETL, database design & configuration.
The primary responsibilities of the position are:
- Plan, design and develop data solutions using Azure SQL, Azure Analysis Services and Azure Data Factory
- Debugging, monitoring and troubleshooting current ETL solutions
- Writing relational and multidimensional database queries
- Ensure that the architectural principles and standards are maintained.
- Provide the best practices and guidelines for managing data of different levels of complexity
- Provide hands-on support for all Data related activities within the BI Team.
Experience and Knowledge
- Relevant experience as a MS BI Developer / SQL Server ETL Developer
- Understanding of Data Architecture / Data Modelling. Understanding of Kimball DW methodology.
- Experienced SQL skills, ability to code and mine data
- Experience with large complex data sources of different types and flexible enough to work with unstructured data and have Data Modelling experience
- Understanding of the SQL Server technology stack, database design and programming
- Able to deliver a broad range of data engagements in areas such as Data Architecture, Data Integration, Data Analytics, Data Lineage, Data Governance, Data Quality and BI Reporting
- Use of data profiling tools, ETL and data management tools
- Full project lifecycle experience from initial design and data modelling through development, testing and into production support.
- Experience in data interpretation
- Experience working with a source control solution (TFS, Git or similar)
- Self-starter and motivator with the ability to work in an autonomous fast paced environment
- The ability to quickly learn and understand new business environments
- The ability to achieve high quality results by paying attention to detail
- A proactive, “can do” attitude
- The ability to work on multiple tasks/projects, work under pressure and meet agreed deadlines
- A natural desire to share knowledge and teach others
- The ability to influence groups of people to gain consensus
- Understanding of data analysis techniques and how they can be applied in the marketing context beneficial
- Experience with Microsoft PowerBI and SharePoint
- Analysis Services development work using MDX and Tabular models
- Programming/scripting experience in .Net, VB, C#
- Knowledge of Advertising / Marketing / Media data
- Experience working with teams across multiple physical locations
- Understanding of BI reporting / analytics tools
- Bachelor degree in Statistics, Information Technology, Computer Science or Software Engineering related discipline preferred
Page 1 of 2
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via [email protected].