Digital Planning Manager
Job Title: Digital Planning Manager
Opening Date for Application: 3rd July 2020
Closing Date for Applications: 31st July 2020
We are looking for a Digital Planning Manager to join the Boots team.
The Boots account is fast paced and diverse, covering Retail, Boots.com, and Global Brands (individual brands such as No7, Soap and Glory, and Botanics) – and we work across their PPC, SEO, social, display and affiliate activity (we have channel specialists in place).
This role will predominantly focus on Global Brands. As they move towards a digital first approach, this role will bridge the gap between comms planning and digital, leading the planning and strategy across these brands.
The role will report to the Digital Associate Director and Digital Director, but there will be a dotted line to the Business Director as well.
The manager should have an excellent knowledge of the UK digital landscape and be well versed in planning / buying digital media across both DR and Brand.
Essential skills/experience required:
- Previous experience in both digital implementation and comms planning essential
- Knowledge of beauty/luxury clients preferred
- Experience in planning both display and social required
- Be well versed in both performance & brand planning and should have demonstrable experience of programmatic buying.
- Excellent knowledge of the UK digital landscape and the wider comms landscape
This role sits within the Boots digital team although due to the nature of the role, there will be a very close relationship with Planning.
MediaCom is structured into Business Units in which we work across everything from comms planning to operations; Boots sits in Business Unit 1 alongside DLG, DFS and Shell (among others!)
The manager will:
- Excel at time management
- Have the ability to multi-task and organisation skills
- Own meetings and conference calls with internal teams and clients
- Be a self-starter, and won’t be afraid to challenge the client or ask them a question
- Prioritize workload, making sure the most urgent things are completed first
- Develop relationships with day to day clients and internally with other departments
- Work closely with the Associate Director/ Director and BD on the day to day digital output for your clients (working with all departments across the company)
- Understand the role of all digital channels within your plans
- Present responses to briefs
- Develop a good understanding of the clients’ businesses and competitive set
- Be reactive, and able to accommodate last minute client requests
- Drive innovation and education
- Build and maintain key relationships with priority and preferred media owners/ technology partners
- Understand commercial pressures and have a full understanding of the role of investment within your planning and buying
- Work with Comms team to integrate digital into ATL
- Control quality of output from the team
- Have the ability to delegate, up and downwards, to coordinate between groups and departments and to be able to sell strategies, initiatives and ideas convincingly
- Provide regular feedback (both positive and negative) to the team on a regular basis
Three Best things about the job:
1. Working on a well known and loved brand at a pivotal time in their approach to digital
2. Opportunity to learn and develop your comms planning, and data strategy skills
3. Surrounded by a world class brilliant – and fun - team of experts
Measures of success
In three months, you would have:
- Be competent in managing your own workload as well as your team’s workload
- Understand how your new role fits into the team
- Built visibility and trust with multiple stakeholders – both internally and externally. They will see you as a reliable and trusted digital advisor
- Showcased exceptional project management skills through the delivery of multiple campaigns
- Servicing and responding to designated clients’ ongoing daily requirements
- Be able to support junior members of the team in the production and presentation of weekly campaign reporting calls and PCAs, assess and comment on the performance of our campaigns and recommend improvements to drive efficiencies
In six months, you would have:
- Championed existing and pioneered new processes to ensure output and project management across products is executed efficiently and consistently
- Delivered brilliant work to the client - building innovation into our plans, whether this is through smart tech, data, creative or audience insight
- Developed a point of view on our plans’ performance and be able to make recommendations for improving YOY results
- Built strong relationships with your team, nurturing their growth and development, reviewing and re-setting KPIs as required
- Built strong relationships with media owners, be keeping up to date with the latest developments from these media owners for your key clients
- Ensuring finance best practise is used on all campaigns
In 12 months, you would have:
- Been regularly working closely with the Associate Director/Director/BD on the day to day digital and planning output across all departments in MediaCom for your clients, taking ownership of this
- Developed strong commercial acumen and an in-depth understanding of the client’s business, that translate in the way you execute digital strategy and campaigns
- Fully understand the role digital plays in the overall client business and what your role can do to help maximise the effectiveness
- Delivered improvements in client satisfaction scores
Closing Date: 31 July 2020
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.