Paid Search Executive
Overview of Job
Responsible for the day to day account management, optimisation and reporting of paid search campaigns to deliver client growth, and efficiency targets.
The Search Executive will spend most of the time working on the Centrica team, across several their core brand and products, including British Gas, Hive, and Local Heroes, managing their multi-million-pound budgets and helping improve the performance, as well as working collaboratively with the rest of the team. In addition to that, the Search Executive might be required to help with other clients, such a Nuffield, Coke, Lindt, EY Recruitment, and TWE, increasing their exposure to multiple industries and business objectives.
We are looking for a Search Executive that is numerate and analytical, as well as administratively competent with strong attention to detail. They will be motivated and have solid knowledge of search principles and how the market operates.
They will have basic knowledge of other digital media channels and how they fit within the overall media/marketing mix.
You need excellent time management and problem-solving skills as you will manage numerous projects concurrently and consistently deliver high quality work to (short) deadlines
Reporting of the Role
This role reports to the Team Manager with the team being led by an Associate Director.
Best things about the job:
- The opportunity to work on clients who invest in both offline and digital media.
- An opportunity to develop an in-depth understanding of how paid search works in conjunction with other channels as part of a connected communications approach.
- A multicultural, talented team supporting each other in implementing best-in-class campaigns and has fun along the way.
- Ample scope to be proactive, because we love entrepreneurial people who bring us their own ideas and show how driven they are.
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Fully mastered a weekly reporting and optimisation routine that provides the best opportunity for performance improvements.
- Developed strong relationships with the relevant internal stakeholders.
In six months, you would have:
- Proposed short- and long-term projects to develop the search activity and deliver improved performance.
- Worked closely with internal teams to deliver fully integrated media plans and client brief responses.
In 12 months, you would have:
- A complete understanding of the clients’ businesses and the ability to shape search strategy according to both business needs and the market as a whole.
- Become an extension of the clients’ digital teams, providing added value across paid search and beyond.
Above and Beyond
We want people that aspire to go beyond the day to day and deliver above and beyond, we expect our account executives to also be responsible for:
- Contributing to the overall knowledge of the department by writing performance media thought pieces and sharing articles on a regular basis.
- Proactive problem solving and devising new ways of doing the day to day whether this is via automation, clever mathematical modelling or simply better defined processes.
- Improve the capabilities of the wider MediaCom team by owning and delivering against specific projects from the annual team roadmap
Responsibilities of the role:
- Full support from the Planner Buyers, Senior Planner Buyers, Team Manager and Associate Director with search insights, tests, and innovation.
- Full training and development plan, reviewed every month.
Client and Internal Communication
- Responsible for the day to day management, optimisation and reporting of paid search campaigns to deliver client growth, and efficiency targets.
- Day to day communication (such as support of weekly calls and status meetings) with the clients and internal teams (such as the client planning teams) with the guidance of the team lead.
- Ability to give account recommendations, from quick wins to long term projects
Experience and Knowledge
- No prior paid search specialist experience required
- Ambition to become a paid search specialist
- Strong analytical skills and enthusiasm to work with data
- Passionate and able to manage their time effectively
Technology and Systems
- Quick learner who can operate conversion tracking and analytical systems such as Search Ads 360 or Google Analytics
- Keen to understand and learn about tools and technology
What you will need:
- Ability to give performance recommendations, from quick wins to long term projects
- Accurate, clear and concise communication (written and verbal)
- Aptitude to handle the financial side of account management
- A keen interest in understanding the client’s business and the challenges they face
- Attention to detail
- Passionate about all things digital, and motivated to learn
- A real team player
- Positive attitude
- Professional behaviour
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes Sky, DFS, Centrica, Tesco, Mars and Lloyds Banking Group.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees’ personal and professional career development.
MediaCom was named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade and received top marks in its School Report.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.