Business Director, Paid Search (6 month FTC Maternity Cover)
Business Director, Paid Search
Job title: Business Director, Paid Search (Maternity Cover)
Group: Worldwide FAST
Client/s: Automotive, Finance
Reports to: Partner, Intent Activation
Ours is the story of the eternal upstart and change is in our DNA. We were born with the ambition to change the world through media. Raised in Asia, we are now the world’s most geographically balanced global network spanning US, Latin America, Europe and Asia. Mindshare’s birth in 1997 shifted the focus from media as a pure commodity to media as a change agent.
Our ambition was to go beyond the traditional media descriptors of “Optimise, Capitalise, Maximise.” We will not be defined by the formulaic definitions of media. Mindshare’s story is about teamwork. It’s why we called ourselves Mindshare in the first place!
We were designed to be a global network, balanced in every region, with clients benefitting from both global and local insights. Today 75% of our business is global and our global network and integrated approach is our strength.
We are a global media agency network with billings in excess of US$31.4 billion (source: RECMA) and our network consists of more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries. Mindshare is part of GroupM, which oversees the media investment management sector for WPP, the world’s leading communications services group.
A temporary role to cover maternity period exists for a Business Director, Paid Search Mindshare Worldwide FAST within a large and fast-paced specialist team. The role will cover paid search strategy, focus and relationship with some key automotive and financial clients. Through their strong relationships with all key stakeholders (suppliers, client teams, wider agency teams, channel leads), they will ensure we achieve our client’s performance ambitions and the creation and maintenance of all required processes, while working with the Partner, Intent Activation, to develop the product and profile of Mindshare WW Paid Search.
The Business Director, Paid Search reports to the Partner, Intent Activation.
Key skills & knowledge:
The individual will be expected to use their own initiative to manage and coordinate a team of channel specialists delivering campaigns across global search engines and e-commerce sites. You will be expected to champion the Mindshare WW best practice approach to delivering campaigns, multi market strategy coordination and communication. You will be a leader, leading by example, creating an environment where all members of the team have an opportunity to fulfil their potential and deliver exceptional work for our clients. The individual will be expected to have a minimum of 6+ years’ experience in the industry and specialism.
Developing our product
Work with the Partner, Intent Activation to
- Develop roadmaps for the WW Paid Search product, to differentiate and future proof our product
- Establish a relationship with all key partners (Google, Bing, Amazon, etc.) and work with the Partner to develop JBPs and QBR process for Mindshare WW
- Create a consistent, challenging, but exciting recruitment experience for candidates that allows us to find and secure the best talent in the market
Raising our profile
- Surface and share great work from the team
- Collate case studies of great work
- Enter all industry awards
- Create POVs regarding industry developments
- Contribute to key industry events
- Build and maintain relationships with Client Leads, offering strategic guidance to help grow the business and strengthen the relationship
- Work with HR/other channel leads to ensure the FAST story is positioned correctly with recruiters
- Develop the profile of FAST within Mindshare WW through training, presentations and other communication
Inspiring our people
- Maintain a positive attitude towards all areas of our work and looking for opportunities and solutions from challenges
- Work with the Partner, Intent Activation to ensure the team is resourced correctly
- Establish a relationship with key senior clients, through QBRs/proactive projects
- Provide direct support to your Account Director(s)
- Create development plans for all direct reports
- Ensure a consistent, welcoming onboarding experience for all new starters
- With the Partner, Intent Activation create a vision for the team and communicate the initiatives that will help us achieve it
- Regularly update the team on live initiatives, business performance, new business opportunities and any other relevant topics
- Maintain a strong line of communication with all team members including the Partner, Intent Activation
- Work with Account Director(s) to ensure all team members have clear objectives and development plans, tailored to their needs
- Work with our HR teams to develop training plans to plug any skills gaps around the team
- Work with the Partner, Intent Activation, to develop development and succession plans for the team
Driving our process
- Take the lead on one or more integration projects, supporting others
- Develop and maintain on-boarding process for new starters
- Work with the Partner and our finance teams to develop and maintain a clear, simple finance process that eradicates errors
- Constantly review all optimisation, budget management and other processes to identify opportunities for improvement in effectiveness or efficiency
Ensuring our profitability
- Ensure all clients have a clear SOW, that is shared with and followed by Account Director(s)
- In collaboration with the Partner, identify opportunities for negotiation with clients/client leads where additional funding is required for resource, or SOWs need to be amended
- Work with Account Director(s) to ensure client resource allocations are adhered to, or flagged to the Partner, Paid Search and Social where scope negotiations are required
- Support and deliver WW Paid Search new business pitches
Delivering client performance
- In partnership with the Client Teams and the Account Director(s), lead the strategic conversation for clients
- Work with the Account Director(s) and clients to create and maintain account roadmaps for every client, covering testing, innovation, growth and other elements
- Identify and activate the right technology, where required
- Ensure reporting is focused on actionable insight
- Deliver a consistent, best-in-class approach to Paid Search, rooted in the Mindshare Best Practice Framework and raise any barriers to this to the Partner
Personal performance measures:
The Business Director, Paid Search will predominantly be measured on the output of others – the primary objective is to create an environment where others will be inspired and motivated to deliver best in class work for our clients and continue to develop in their career
- Motivated teams - measured via 360 and informal feedback
- Reduced staff turnover
- Client satisfaction via formal and constructive feedback
- Strong relationships with other departments via 360 and informal feedback
- Regular involvement in New Business and internal projects
- Demonstrating skills and behaviors as outlined above, leading by example
- Increase in client profitability through commercially focused plans and innovations
- Profitable revenue growth
- Increase in revenue contribution from out of scope services
- Quality of work delivered by you and your team
- Performance against client objectives
- Involvement in wider Mindshare/Mindshare FAST initiatives
- Examples of profile driving initiatives (award nominations, industry articles, appearances at industry events)
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.