Hi there, we're MediaCom Ireland, one of the country’s largest and fastest growing media and communications agencies.
We are growing our team due to continued success working with some of Ireland and the World’s biggest and most ambitious brands, along with some significant new business wins.
We are looking for an Account Director to join the team to be the day-to-day lead on the Universal Pictures and the Coca Cola account and will report to our Managing Partner.
Key Knowledge & Capabilities
- Ideally previous experience as an Account Director or equivalent level in media, advertising or marketing
- Excellent at communicating to all levels of clients and stakeholders
- Able to confidently converse about the media world and keep up to date with the changing landscape
- Forward thinking, analytical and practical in the application of data to briefs
- Confident and efficient and portray this to junior team members
- Able to manage client project teams and get the best from them; including intra-agency projects
- Able to work under pressure, delegate to the team and ensure they deliver against deadlines
- A strong presenter, able to lead meetings and deal with clients and partner agencies assertively at a senior level
- Able to anticipate client needs and deliver beyond a given brief
- Able to share knowledge effectively, teach others best practice
Responsibilities & Key Skills:
- Day to day lead on Universal Pictures and Coca Cola client accounts - leading and managing projects and campaigns from strategic planning to implementation to reporting stage
- Managing and developing a team of Account Managers and Account Executives – ensuring they are equipped to do their job; managing workflow and providing direction, motivation and support to senior and junior account managers on assigned accounts
- Co-ordination of team to deliver media plans – giving direction on audience analysis, media rationale, budget allocation
- Manage strong supplier relationships, identifying opportunities early and developing innovations to suit our suite of clients
- Knowledge of latest consumer trends, media, innovations
- Development of strategic media thinking – consumer and industry trends
- Delegating workload to wider team, and assisting the Managing Partner in developing more junior members including training, mentoring, 1-2-1 sessions, KPI setting and delivery
- Understand the ways of working, structures and requirements within GroupM and the wider WPP agencies to ensure good working relationship between them and team
- Playing an active role in New Business
- Ensuring smooth workflow across all departments and agencies
- Ensure internal administrative, quality and accounting systems are adhered to at all times and are of the highest standard, and that all internal audit requirements are met whilst ensuring other team members are adhering to these
- Other ad hoc duties as maybe required
MediaCom Ireland is one of the Ireland’s largest and fastest growing media and communications agencies. We work with some of the most famous and ambitious brands and organisations in including Sky, Lidl, Coca-Cola, Mars, Universal Pictures, Ryanair, St. Vincent de Paul and Allianz. Our focus is on media and communication strategy and solutions, backed up by highly competitive buying leverage and measurement of performance.
Globally MediaCom is one of the world's leading media communication specialist agencies employing 8,000 people in 125 offices across over 100 countries. Mediacom in collaboration with GroupM is part of WPP, the world's largest creative transformation company using the power of creativity to build better futures for our people, clients and communities.
During 2020 MediaCom picked up a Grand Prix, Gold and Media Network of the Year at Eurobest and a quarter of all the winners at WARC Media Awards, including a Grand Prix, four Golds and ten special prizes.
People First, Better Results
We believe that everything starts and ends with our people. This is the cornerstone of our “People first” philosophy.
Our ambition is to make MediaCom the best place to work for knowledgeable, curious, caring and passionate people. We strive to nurture a culture that will fire enthusiasm and inspire creativity. Our thinking is simple: inspired people will create better work for our clients.