Account Director - Connections Planning
Mindshare is a leading global marketing and media services network with billings in excess of £23billion worldwide. The network consists of 97 offices in 67 countries throughout the USA, Latin America, Europe, Middle East, and Asia Pacific; each dedicated to forging competitive marketing advantage for businesses and their brands.
Technology is changing our lives in astonishing and unimaginable ways and, in media, we are lucky enough to be working at the very heart of this change. However, the way we think about media is vital to unlocking the greatest opportunities for our clients and producing our best work. We define media as the space where content, audiences, data and technology meet.
This media playground is an exciting, vibrant and fast evolving space a space that’s buzzing with innovation and creativity. A space where new people behaviours, habits and routines are fast emerging.
WORKING FOR MINDSHARE
We invest heavily in staff development training is extensive from the most junior level with mock pitches, cross media training, and learning modules in conjunction with the GroupM University. In January 2012 Huddle was launched an innovative future planning discussion collaborating across our global network.
Due to the global pandemic, we found ourselves hosting our first virtual Huddle event in November 2020 which was a big success. Find out more here: www .mindshareworld com/uk/huddle
It’s not all work here Mindshare hold social events for everyone including festive and summer parties and monthly get togethers. In May 2018 Mindshare launched its first health and wellbeing event called Mindshare
Balance Day. Every year we close the agency for a morning to host inspiring talks and activities around health and wellbeing.
Do you want to advance your career by working on an exciting and progressive account, looking after some of the best-known UK brands? If so, this is the role for you! You will be working on the Unilever account, which is one of UK’s biggest advertisers. Mindshare are in a very privileged position as Unilever’s lead agency, holding a broad and deep relationship that we see Connection Planners being pivotal to. We work on over 40 different brands within the Unilever portfolio across food, homecare and beauty & personal care categories.
Both Unilever and Mindshare embrace agile, collaborative working, which means we are essentially an extension of Unilever’s marketing team. You’ll spend some of your time at our offices in London and some of your time working within the client’s Leatherhead offices (currently of course the teams are all working remotely).
In terms of your day to day, the bulk of your time will be spent on planning exciting, award winning campaigns as well as working with channel specialists to make those plans a reality. This involves everything from defining the approach to audience, designing the connections
plan across all relevant touchpoints as well as working on content creation and measurement.
You would be responsible for a handful of brands within the broader Unilever portfolio. Key
• Specify how to build and target audiences in addressable and non-addressable media and validate the approach to ensure that the defined audience can be reached at the scale required.
• Designing an approach that outlines how and where we will connect with defined audiences in media
• Designing the connections ecosystem & plan, working closely and collaboratively with channel specialists
• Day to day management of campaigns as a key liaison between clients and channel specialists
• Designing measurement & testing framework to inform as well as measure and optimise the campaigns
SKILLS & BEHAVIOURS
• You show a breadth of understanding across all media channels and can confidently discuss the role these play as part of a comms strategy.
• You are a tool ‘wizard’…well not quite, but excellent working knowledge of audience research & planning tools (such as TGI and Touchpoints) is a must
• Ability to draw clear insights and implications for media (i.e. connecting the outputs of different insight systems successfully) and tangibly apply these to the plan, taking nuances forward into corresponding media touchpoints and messaging, so that audience understanding is clearly reflected in the plan.
• You show a passion for media as well as an understanding of what makes a great media campaign - always attempting to do the best work possible and can tangibly prove your plans are aimed at achieving excellence in planning craft.
• You are passionate about proving your campaigns work! How? By being able to create a holistic measurement framework that is relevant for the brand and applicable to every campaign (setting KPIs, methods i.e. which tool/system, necessary tracking) and plans for adaptation/optimisation).
• You must have extensive experience leading senior client relationships, managing all agency teams, leading and delivering client projects and tackling challenging conversations.
• You are an excellent team player as you will be working with people across a broad range of disciplines and experience levels, taking the responsibility for working in a collaborative, inclusive way to allow specialists to contribute.
• You demonstrate excellent attention to detail and accuracy in every output, as well as a high degree of organisation that leads to successfully managing workflow for self and more junior members of the
• You are open-minded, flexible and embracing of agile ways of working.
• You have at least 5 years’ experience working in media planning/buying agencies. FMCG experience
is a plus but not a requirement.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.