Business Intelligence Developer, Neo Media World
Neo Media World is a digital-first global performance agency. We’re an autonomous, agile company within Mindshare, and we’re backed with the added resources and scale of GroupM and WPP. Our team of experts support clients in programmatic, social, paid search, analytics, technology, organic search, affiliate marketing, ecommerce and across traditional channels. We manage complexity. Our industry moves swiftly and we are always picking up our pace. We work to be on the cutting edge of technology while connecting systems, analyzing data and optimizing plans.
We drive performance. We embrace a culture of accountability and transparency. Our goal is to make every client’s advertising investment work harder.
We have a rich culture rooted in the history of our agency while we maintain the entrepreneurial energy of a startup. We believe in change while remaining true to our mission. We strive to be at the summit of pervasive creativity and effectiveness. People are our greatest resource and we truly want employees to have a well-balanced life. Work hard, play hard.
Brands look to us as their competitive advantage on how to best engage their customers across disciplines including search, display, video, mobile, social media, affiliate marketing and traditional channels.
Neo is seeking a Business Intelligence Developer to join our Analytics department in the London, UK office. S/he will be a highly valued member of a growing team providing market-leading data solutions to our clients across UK, EMEA, and worldwide. The Developer will be primarily responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of Neo’s big data architecture offering to support the delivery of end-to-end solutions across the Clients’ portfolio. The successful candidate will also be a subject matter expert, expected to support the other team members.
Key responsibilities include:
• Developing APIs using Php / Python and understanding the existing code.
• ETL development for the integration of data sources using Hadoop, Hive, MySql.
• Debugging the ETLs written in Hive, troubleshooting the existing code.
• Creating dashboards in visualization tools. (E.g. Datorama, Tableau, PowerBI, Data Studio, etc.)
• Identify database and system improvements
• Work with other members of the Analytics team across markets to identify and deliver reporting solutions to address business challenges.
Neo employs highly motivated individuals seeking a culture of creative thinking, continual innovation and high achievement. We place significant importance on personal qualities such as intellectual curiosity, responsibility, determination and creativity.
Required Skills & Competencies:
• Educated to degree level or equivolent, ideally in IT/Computer Science
• Experience and comfort building dashboards using Tableau, PowerBI, or similar
• Hands on experience of SQL/Hive, and the ability to learn new technologies as the business evolves
• Data warehouse project lifecycle development experience
• T-SQL programming experience
• Attention to detail
• Able to meet project deadlines
• Ability to think out of the box and proactively seek resolution to various technical challenges
• Ambitious, self-starter working style
Preferred Skills & Competencies:
• Familiarity with digital media data and metrics
• Media agency or ad tech vendor experience
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.