Business Director – Organic Performance
Department / Team
Wavemaker Organic Performance (SEO)
Peter Young, Managing Partner – OP UK, Wavemaker.
Richard George – Managing Partner – OP Manchester
Bass Warehouse, 4 Castle St, Manchester M3 4LZ. Travel around the UK and beyond will be required for client and agency business.
If you are looking to take a leading role in one of the UK’s largest organic search teams as part of a highly integrated precision marketing business at WAVEMAKER - then this could be the job for you!
WAVEMAKER are looking for an industry powerhouse with extensive and progressive skills in activating organic search and content to lead strategies on behalf of our global brand client base.
- Help WAVEMAKER to realise its ambition to be its client’s most trusted and valued business partner.
- Directly managing a team of 8+ specialists focused on owned and earned KPIs for UK and global clients, as part of larger OP team of ~45.
- Accountable for client and business performance, including retention of clients and growth in client / new business income.
- Developing an efficient and best-in-class team of content marketers focused on a range of organic search and brand KPIs.
- Highly confident, influential and articulate senior client lead for some of the biggest SEO clients in the UK and globally.
- Taking a hands-on approach where necessary, particularly with technical and higher-level campaign planning processes and strategies.
- Investing and building fantastic working relationships with a range of other media disciplines (particularly Paid Performance and Social) to ensure an integrated approach to marketing campaigns.
- Lead the client in their understanding of WAVEMAKER’s services and delivery – a progressive model of SEO, insight, creative and content services.
- Management of team work-flows to deliver class-leading client service working with specialist Technical and Content delivery units
- Understand and proactively manage short, medium and long-term objectives for WAVEMAKER’s clients.
- Responsible for the effective management of finance processes.
- Proactively manage the development of the SEO account directors, managers and execs in their client service skills.
- Ensure training and development programmes are implemented for all team members.
- Create a stimulating and challenging working environment for team members.
- Responsible for management of time, productivity and well-being of all team members, including establishing and managing regular status meetings to discuss issues, workloads and opportunities.
- Responsible for accuracy and quality of work being produced by ALL teams in relation to clients under your supervision.
- Effectively manage and run the appraisal process, ensuring all appraisals are conducted on time and SMART objectives are set.
- Ensure team are being developed in best in class client service.
- Act as escalation point of contact for conflict management and resolution within team.
- Promote the Organic Performance team and participate in internal training, projects and new business.
- Understand the value and work with other WAVEMAKER divisions within GroupM and its partners (e.g. Xaxis, Global Solutions).
- Develop productive relationships with key internal departments and help develop new revenue opportunities through matching client needs to resources and facilitate introductions.
- Manage the briefing process and work flow of the specialist teams to ensure accurate and timely delivery of work.
- Actively seek creative and innovative media solutions in collaboration with other WAVEMAKER teams.
- Promote WAVEMAKER and its ambitions to external stakeholders (clients, key partners, industry).
- Drive education and adoption of WAVEMAKER / GroupM’s selected tools and services.
- Develop strong relationships with other service providers to develop WAVEMAKER’s proposition for clients to an industry leading level.
- Develop relationships with necessary external agencies on relevant client businesses to ensure integrated approach in supporting their KPIs.
- Achievement of specific goals set in appraisal.
- Actively supporting the delivery of WAVEMAKER’s OGSMs – accountable for such business outcomes.
- Effectively growing new commercial opportunities and leading new business opportunities.
- Development of team under your management.
- Accurate and timely supply of requested work.
- Evidence that projects are being run effectively, to budget and to target with on-going optimisation being carried out; supporting the management of WAVEMAKER OP’s P&L.
- Effective management of all financial processes for the WAVEMAKER OP business.
- Team and agency leadership satisfaction via 360º feedback.
- Client satisfaction via formal and informal feedback.
- Evidence of highly effective internal relationship building.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Passion for client service.
- Strong, influential presentation skills.
- Workflow management, delegation and prioritisation.
- Positive, dynamic and motivational management skills.
- Strategic thinking including evaluation of key trends and client results data.
- Highly motivated to innovate and develop a world class proposition in organic search and content.
In order to deliver on the above, WAVEMAKER would require the candidate to possess:
- 6+ years within SEO related roles, including experience of management positions and team development.
- Significant experience in all aspects of SEO and supporting disciplines (at least three of the following); including technical/on-site optimisation, off-site optimisation, PR, social media, web development, content creation, conversion rate optimisation, accessibility and usability.
Desired experience/skills but not essential
- Degree 2:1 or higher.
- Experience of activating other digital marketing channels.
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit.
- Knowledge of front end scripting as well as database, domain and hosting knowledge.
- Experience of developing own proprietary software.
- Experience of working and managing APIs and 3rd party software developers.
- European language skills are also desirable.