Affiliate Account Manager (Multiple Clients).
Job Title: Affiliate Activation Manager
Reporting to: Affiliate Activation Director
Key reports: Journey Activation Executive/s
Managing the Affiliate programs for some of the biggest accounts within the agency. The main focus of the role will be working on the British Airways account. Other clients within the team (include: Compare The Market, Nationwide, Heathrow Airport and BMW). The AM role would be responsible for delivering best in market, data driven and effective integrated Affiliate campaigns. The AM will account manage junior Affiliate team members to ensure focus on the numbers and a gold standard account set-up and optimization process.
- Key day-to-day and first point of contact point for clients of equivalent level regarding Affiliate campaigns whether activity is in planning, live or post campaign.
- The conduit between those clients and Specialist Planning team
Strategy & Planning:
- Responsible, alongside the AD, for taking a brief and working with specialist teams to create media plans and rationale documents that deliver on clients’ objectives, and drive innovation
- Ensure that the appropriate technology and data is available to track performance against core KPI’s across all digital media channels
- Ensure the Affiliate channel approaches follow best practice, are in line with overall strategy and are deliverable and commercially viable
Campaign Management & Performance
- Develop and deliver weekly reports with detailed analysis, optimization recommendations and next steps
- Track and ensure reconciled spend is accurate
- Ensure daily visibility and budget checks are carried out, alongside tracking actions for monthly and quarterly reviews
- Complete digital reconciliation and SOX compliance for all campaigns in line with agency process
- Deliver campaigns that meet digital PRF requirements outlined in client contracts
- Ensure junior team members deliver work on time and to a high standard that is aligned to the clients’ digital media strategy.
- Identify training and development needs of the team, alongside the AD
Innovation & Collaboration
- Work with the AD and media owners to identify new products and test opportunities
- Develop strong relationships with relevant media owners, especially AWIN and MSMG
- Regularly review account performance with Affiliate networks – ideally monthly
Technical Skills & Experience
- A background in Affiliate media is essential, both planning and buying
- Knowledge of and experience of using DCM (trafficking and reporting)
- Experience of using Metis/Prisma buying platform (not essential), and strong working knowledge of tools such as: Addynamix and Comscore
- Strong presentation skills and a high level of articulation are required
- Expert Excel knowledge. Advanced Excel training completed
The Clients - a snapshot:
British Airways: is a full-service global airline, offering year-round low fares with an extensive global route network flying to and from centrally-located airports. Through our partners in the oneworld alliance, we offer a global network of hundreds of destinations, seamless customer service, and shared benefits for frequent flyers.
Affiliate activity varies across Flights and Holidays and we cover most regions in Europe, Americas and APAC. Wavemaker assist in the affiliate strategy as well as implementing and executing them.
Compare the Market: Founded in 2006 and part of the BGL Group, Compare the Market are the UK’s number one Price Comparison Website and one of the UK’s most recognizable brands thanks to The Meerkats.
It’s an exciting and crucial time for Compare the Market as they look to dominate the Price Comparison sector with a host of new developments in play.
Wavemaker are a key partner in helping them navigate this changing landscape and build a life simplification brand fit for the future, through distinctive, relevant and effective communications.
Nationwide: Nationwide have 15million members at the heart of everything they do, with their aim to truly demonstrate the values of a building society.
Currently riding high on the success of our campaign #togetheragainsthate, Nationwide are a client that aren’t afraid to push boundaries when it comes to their marketing, with digital marketing being at the core of their business objectives.
BMW: The UK is BMW’s fourth largest market in the world and Wavemaker has been working on the business since January 2017. The prestige and premium nature of the brand allows BMW to activate exciting activity across both brand and performance sectors. As a key partner, we are consistently involved in solving wider business challenges outside of pure communications which makes for an stimulating and dynamic work experience.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.